Sunday, August 23, 2026

Stitching toward a finish

 


I've been plugging away on this cross stitch from A quilt for all Seasons book by Paula Vaughn. I believe this is November. The blue sky area is remaining and then the finishing stitches. 

I have another 2 flights planned this summer up to Vermont for a couple of weeks to just be there out at the camp with Mom through the end of the summer and get her moved back home. I'm debating if I start the Summer stitch along from Melissa, a little lighthouse that has been in my travel bag all summer but has not seen the light of day, or a cute Christmas stitchery with cardinals next. We will see what gets packed. I will bring the crochet project with the pretty blue variegated yarn. That one is easy to stitch in bad lighting up there. I still have a busy bag packed that will go with me as well. Maybe those EPP pieces will start to get stitching for Brimfield Awakening. 

Linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers. 

Waiting on my MIL to arrive to go out for her delayed Birthday meal. She likes a place up here near us so that's where we are headed. Emily and Greg have got her car all detailed - washed, waxed and shined - and she put her senior parking sticker onto it today. 

I think the pantry needs a good clear out and organizing, so that is on tap next and a loaf of bread needs making for the nice yummy tomato's we got at the farmers market yesterday. I do love a tomato sandwich. White bread toasted, butter, mayo, tomato and salt and pepper. Summer in a sandwich!

We have tons of eggs, and a big bag of flour tortillas, so I cooked up some scrambled eggs, peppers and onions, bacon and took out some shredded cheddar. I had one breakfast burrito this morning, then let things cool and Emily took over making the rest while I wrapped them in saran wrap and popped them into the freezer. She now has a quick breakfast to go this week. I might make more of these later today to clear out another dozen of eggs and one dozen will go with Grandma for her neighbors. Considering the girls are pretty old, they still lay quite well. 3 are from the fall of 2020 and 2 are a couple years younger than that. 



Time to start the bread so it is rising while we are gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment