Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday - moving off to college day

 Today we moved A to college! He is now about an hour away from us. It took about an hour from the time we arrived, unloaded, parents parked and shuttled back while the kids brought things up to his room on the 3rd floor. His roommate arrived 30 minutes later. I wanted to see his room - so a quick check and hug goodbye and he was ushering us out! He was very excited to start this next adventure for 4 years. 

It all fit nicely into the back of the car. Emily was going to make sure it fit!


Saturday I almost got this dish cloth finished. I started it eons ago during a meeting and it was just sitting under my desk. I took it with me to Orlando yesterday to knit while E had her ice skating lesson. Since I could not find a Saturday riding lesson, she is learning to ice skate. Her first lesson was last week and I drove. This week, she drove in I75 and the Turnpike for 1.5 hours there and over 2 hours home. There were some accidents slowing things down. 

The snowbank from the Zamboni. Yes, it was feels like over 100 so I'm not sure how that was not melted!


Progress on the cross stitch. Both wheels are now done. I need to stitch a pumpkin and add some grass around it to finish off that area. Then I'll move up to the wagon part and add the bench and another pumpkin.  



Bear's (the dog) ear is looking much better after the procedure Monday morning which was a shot to go and find the cancer cells and destroy them. They said it will take up to 4 weeks and see how it is. We delayed the treatment a bit with all the travel this summer, but it appears to be working well. He is now weaning off the meds and is more himself the last day or two. Toothy dog grins are 
the best.

Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers. I need to make a Sams Club trip and get keurig coffee. I had A go last week and he got the Donut House K cups.... but I get the generic Makers Mark brand and he picked up the Keurig ones. Boy, the medium of that is much stronger than the other medium blend! Hubby likes them so they will be his! I had the non fridge/freezer staples on the list for him. I'll grab a few other things while there. I only got one idea for dinners this week - southwestern egg rolls or what we call Mambo's rolls. We first had them at Mambo's in Cocoa Beach. 






No comments:

Post a Comment