Since all my Grandmothers choice fabrics are down in Florida and I am up in Vermont for a few weeks, I'll join in on the Wednesday Hodgepodge and get back to GC posts on Wednesday next month.
1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
People tend to ask me for help with crafting things or sewing. I helped with the dance costumes this year and my sister had a couple of questions as she is teaching my niece to sew this year.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
Printers! I was a programmer for many years before I had kids but was never good at hooking everything up like pc's to printers and all the wireless things. I ask DH to do all that stuff.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
Our summer vacation was to pack up and move out to our camp on the lake after school got out. We were out here for July/August until school went back. I was a SAHM until last year so I would take day trips out to the same camp with my kids at least once a week to visit with Grammy and Grandpa. This year we have a vacation out here for 3 weeks. The kids are loving playing in the lake, going on treasure hunts in the woods and generally being kids and having fun outside.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
All three have water associated with them so any would work for me - a water sign of Scorpio! At home we have a pool in the back yard. We are currently at a lake in the mountains of VT and later this year plan to take the kids to the ocean in Florida. I love all three.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
Tough one. Life is much easier if you just play nice with each other and if you can't, just walk away.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
Well, I don't particularly like liver, lima beans or okra but all the other things are fine. Tuna fish is not my favorite but I'll eat it. All the other things I love.... especially mushrooms and beets. Yummy.
I'd add salmon or any fishy tasting type food to my list of hates. Cod and Haddock, shrimp, scallops, crab and lobster are the only 'seafood' I like.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
John Candy's The Great Outdoors. I LOVE that movie.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am having a wonderful vacation here in Vermont. We were lucky enough to see (and hear daily) a pair of loons with a little tiny baby, feed the ducks from the dock and hear plenty of hummingbirds flying in for a drink of nectar at the side of the porch. Yesterday we saw a beautiful rainbow while Kayaking on the lake last night. Lazy summer days are the best.