Friday, September 5, 2014

First Saturday in Orange!

I actually got some time to sew this week and it feels great. Angela posted two RSC Sampler blocks this week - bear paw and kick. I had fun picking out my orange fabrics for these. I am using a peachy orange for the lights this month. Oops, the bear paw is upside down!


I've been busy working on testing a pattern for Joanne who blogs as Canuckquilter. Starlight Wishes is going together beautifully. I just love when the seams all mesh together perfectly. That rarely happens with my sewing but it sure is working great on this quilt. I went with brights and black as a background. The next step is the first border and then prairie points. I have never done them before but her instructions are wonderful. I am having so much fun playing with this pattern. Wouldn't this look great done up in Vicki Welsh's hand dyed fabrics? Joanne plans to have this pattern available for sale later this month.

As some leader and enders I have 40 of my 120 four patches in green and orange completed for a step in the Celtic Solstice Mystery.


Head on over to SoScrappy on Saturday morning to see what other orange projects are being worked on this month. As for me..... I have a sick boy home (no fever but I know he is congested, sore throat and he was saying his tummy felt off this morning. By ten he was 'fine' and bored. Arrgghhh.) He so kindly shared these germs with Greg and I. Lets hope the girl does not come down with it next since it is her sleepover at Grandma's this weekend. I've got an hour to prep some appliqué pieces for the car line hand work. I'm guessing he won't want to stay home from school again even if he is sick =). He did some math problems on the board in the kids playroom, then some spelling words and shapes. His teacher had sent home some extra work sheets this week which he has worked through. Now he is counting down the minutes until we can go pick up his sister from school. Hmmmm maybe they'll play nice together so I can sew some more?


12 comments:

canuckquilter said...

Your orange fabrics are calling to me, in your RSC blocks and Celtic Solstice. I didn't consider myself an "orange" person, but as time goes on I find myself drawn to those fabrics more and more. I'm glad Starlight Wishes is coming together well for you. Thanks for sharing your progress. That black bacground really makes the stars pop! I hope the kids played nice :)

Cathy said...

Starlight Wishes is gorgeous.

Sally Trude said...

The green and orange is so nice and cheerful. Makes me think spring instead of fall.

Nell's Quilts said...

Your RSC blocks look great. Starlight Wishes looks like so much fun to put together. The brights and black make a dramatic statement.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun block that you are pattern testing!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Starlight wishes is beautiful with the brights and black fabrics. You have been very busy in behind the machine.

Created by Kathi said...

Deb, Hope you enjoy your orange month.. love your Starlight too.. do you like pattern testing? I have never tried it... yet! lol Kathi

Edith said...

Everything here is looking so lovely. Hope your boy is feeling better soon.

LA Paylor said...

the stars are fun. Good luck with orange, it's going to make us all happy this month! LeeAnna

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Such cute orange blocks! And your Starlight Wishes is just beautiful! Love how the colors just pop against that black background.

Sheila said...

Love this quilt pattern. Looks like dancing twinkle stars. Celtic Solstice is coming along beautifully.

Scrapatches said...

Sew many pretty projects ... :) Pat