Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tiny Tuesday.....

After dropping the kids off to school and my walk this morning I got to sew. Yesterday - no sewing except some hand work in the pick up line. I had to go into work to open for a little bit and then ran errands while I was near all the stores in The Villages. By the time I got home it was kid pick up time. Last night was the first Cub Scouts meeting. I think all us parents of Tigers (1st grade) were completely overwhelmed but it looks like a fun group and I think Aidan will really like it. Emily found a friend from her class there too so they hung out together. I'm trying to get her into girl scouts as a Daisy - there is a troop that meets at the same church but it is not listed in my available troops so I'm looking into that. If it does work - then we'll adjust schedules at work so Greg can be with Aidan and I'll be with Emmy at their scout meetings. At that age each needs a parent present for the meetings.

Ok - my Tiny Tuesday block is called People and Peaches. A very strange name and don't look too closely at the cut off points. Those were tiny pieces and I calculated wrong. It turned out the correct size so it's staying. Sorry for the terrible picture - my sinuses are killing me and I am too lazy right now to go take another shot of the block.






4 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great little block, don't feel bad about your miscalculation, your in good company!

canuckquilter said...

See, the cut off bits are consistent so I just assumed that was the design. You shouldn't have said anything :) I'm sure your kids will love Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. I have one of each and despite the numbers dwindling as the kids get older, both of my teens seem happy to stick with it. I think it's the camping components that keep my two's attention.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great little blocks. Hope you get better, I also have had some sinus trouble.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love that little block. Since triangle points are the bane of my quilting existence, I won't give you any grief about them. ;-) And since you were consistent, I thought it was part of the design. ;-)