Saturday, February 28, 2015

Last Saturday in Pink....

I had to do some sewing this week so I set up my table and machine with the cutting mat and made some birds in the air blocks in pink. These 12 will join the others I made a few years ago with this challenge.


I think this might end up in a 10x14 setting for a 60x 84 size throw quilt. That leaves me some extra blocks..... so I think I'll continue making them 12 a month this year with the challenge so I can have a quilt of these! These blocks will be made into a quilt for a wedding gift in September for my nephew Ben and his finance Becca.

I can't forget my scrappy strip in pink. I did see the neatest thing last week - a crayon top added to a colored strip. Hmmmm maybe I'll have a box of crayons at the end of the year =). Plenty of time to sew this afternoon to get that strip made with my scraps.

Head on over to SoScrappy and see how others finished up their pinks as we start a new color for March.


14 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is really pretty! Hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Glad that you are continuing on this one, so many pretty blocks. The crayon quilt sounds like fun.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a pretty looking quilt. Love the colors.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those scrappy Birds in the Air blocks with their random backgrounds!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a beautiful quilt this will be. So much fun with all the rainbow coloured birds in the air.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

very prey, I always loved that block.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

pretty not prey ;)

Angie said...

Love that you are making more Birds in the Air blocks this year! The pink ones look so cheerful!

a good yarn said...

That looks amazing! I've always liked that block but never thought to make it scrappy. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy S. said...

Yummy yummy blocks! They look GREAT! Happy stitchin'.

Jennie in GA said...

This one is going to be a beauty!!

Cathy said...

Love it!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love the BITA block ... and yours is going to be absolutely spectacular!

Sheila said...

Love it! One of my favorite blocks : )