Friday, February 20, 2015

Saturday in Pink

I didn't have any pink to show last week but I have oodles this week!
I had to sew on Wednesday so I set up a temporary sewing area until I can get into my new sewing space next week.

I made my two Sampler blocks. Don't look too closely on the points on Marley - it got picked out once and then I figured it would not show too much in the finished quilt!

I also got my pink Dresden plate done this week. I hope to find the template I made when I put my room back together. I did find the paper I had cut it out of and used that to draw my line on top of a few of them to cut them all out.

My hand work project has been making some progress. I got the rest cut out on Wednesday and the lines drawn at bowling on Thursday. A few people come up each week to see what I am doing and to ohhh and awe over this block I am making. It also got worked on in the car line and at soccer practice last night in the low 40 temps. I was the Mom in the car to keep warm while my kiddo's were bundled in sweaters, winter coats, hats and mittens. The coach asked if I had another hat in the car for him! Hard to believe in a month or two I'll be wishing for cool temps as it will be in the mid 90's and 90+ percent humidity.

Time to cut cat nails and then grab a shower. This is Sophie with her 'you think you are going to cut my nails' look.

Hopefully it warms up from the 21 degrees with a hard frost here in Florida so I can grab a walk before I go and drop off some girl scout cookies to the kids PreK teacher and see her baby boy who was born a couple of weeks ago. He was not due until March but Mom was having some high blood pressure issues so they delivered him. He and Mom and doing great.

Busy afternoon as Emily is selling cookies from 4-6 today with her troop leader so I'll take Aidan back in front of Publix and see if we can sell the last 9 Boy Scout camp cards. Tomorrow is a working  day for me but head on over Saturday morning and see what other great projects are being worked on for the RSC Challenge in pink.

21 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

your blocks look gr8! and I love the stink-eye look that Sophie is giving you. Good luck with that!!

Andee Neff said...

Lots of good pink stuff happening at your place!

Nanna said...

my pinks just aren't working for me lol! yours looks great!

Helen

a good yarn said...

Those sampler blocks look really good. I'm not usually a fan but setting them inside the stars works. Love your Dresden.

scraphappy said...

Loving your sampler blocks so far. The Marly looks great to me -- points or not. Sounds like a busy month for you. So glad to be past my girl scout cookie selling days. So much more fun to just buy a couple of boxes and enjoy!

Chantal said...

Pretty blocks you made. ♥ them! Maybe you should add a cat fight in your list of things that will happen this afternoon lol. Good luck!

Kate said...

Beautiful projects! I can't decided if the Dresden Plate is my favorite or the Trip Around the world block. Hope you can find a bit of time to sew this next week. It's hard when the kids have lots of stuff going on.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your blocks are all great. I love that pink Dresden!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely pink projects!! And a great cat photo, too!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Your little sampler blocks are awesome ... no one but you will ever notice the points once they're all together. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Wow, 21 degrees ... that's awfully cold for your area! And yet, as you say, it'll be HOT in no time at all. Crazy winter weather!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful pink blocks.

Marly said...

Your blocks look great from here! I love your Dresden plate; I have to make one of those, or preferably a whole batch.

Nell's Quilts said...

Doesn't it feel good to get the RSC sampler blocks complete? Great pink projects. The prints in Dresden plate are great.

Cathy said...

I can see why all the bowlers ooh and ahhh!

Dasha said...

Lovely stars, and the Dresden Plate is fabulous. Good on you for sneaking bits of sewing time here there and everywhere. Hope the scout/guide sales went well.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely pink blocks - and your blues also. Sophie does have that look does;t she!!

Cathy Tomm said...

You have lots of great pink. I love the Dresden plate. Sorry you are so cold. The other day we were about the same temperature but it was considered a warm winter day for us.

Katie Z. said...

The totw block is beautiful.

Edith said...

I love what you've done in pink! Your Dresden plate is stunning!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

All those pink blocks are so pretty - especially the dresdan! Feel free to share your scrappy projects over at Oh Scrap! on my blog. It is a weekly party that goes up every Sunday.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your sampler blocks and your Dresden. You have patience to do that trip around the world!