Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Grandmothers Choice - Tinted Chains

This week's block is called Tinted Chains. I think the hardest part of this was to decide where to put the colors. Since I had different colors for the four middle parts I figured out that you can use the flying geese ruler with a 2.5 inch strip to make the middle side triangles. This is my final result.


The kids were playing Tuesday night with some blocks and this is what they came up with. They have some of my 64 patch blocks, snails trails and Grandmother's Choice blocks.



2 comments:

Ellen said...

If the kids get to participate in your quilting they are more likely to let you have 'quilting time'.

Arranging blocks looks like a perfect activity!

Sheila said...

That is so sweet. And they randomly spaced and placed the snail blocks. I see some future quilters here.