Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Prep Work.....

I have a backing made for the nine patch and hourglass quilt and the top and back are rolled onto the boards all set to get pinned. I plan to quilt this one up on Saturday. I just need to make the binding.


VtQuilter - Nine patch and Hourglass scrappy quilt.


I've also put this RWB quilt together up to the middle border. I think it needs one more border in blue. I have a solid blue in my stash but it keeps telling me it wants blue with white stars. I'll have to make a trip to the store to pick some up and a backing for this one. I'll try and get the same fabric I used to back Aidan's - his flag fabric. Any ideas on quilting this one? It is for a man so I can't do anything girly. I'm thinking of hand quilting stars in the 8 big white spots but other than that I am not sure how to machine quilt this one. It is 42x59 right now and I'll add a 5 inch blue border to make it a little bigger. Modeling in this picture is Buddy the dog and Strawberry the Cow. There will be another post on them later this week.

VtQuilter - Firecracker quilt for Matt

Then the kids woke up. Not bad for 1.5 hours of play time in my sewing room on Wednesday afternoon. I think we'll head to the farm stand and get some fresh corn on the cob for dinner.

3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I just love that nine patch and hourglass quilt ... It's funny how one time I look at it and the nine patches stand out and the next time I look at it, the hourglasses catch my eye. ;-) I can't wait to see it quilted and bound.

Ellen said...

Both quilts look terrific!

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilts. The borders are the prefect choice on both. I will be interested to know how you decide to quilt them. An loose overall meander would be nice.