Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tiny Tuesday - #86 Grandmothers Brooch

This week I hand pieced #86 - Grandmothers Brooch from Sentimental Stitches. This little 4.5 inch finished block contains 28 pieces and ended up a wee bit small. I'll just frame it when I add it into the quilt top with all the other blocks. I must remember to iron as I go on these hand pieced projects.

This morning I dropped my machine off for cleaning and a tension fix. It should be ready on Thursday for pick up and that is the day my sister is arriving at my house for the weekend. It should be a relaxing time in the pool with lots of chatting and catching up with my sister and niece.


4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Beautiful colors on this one. Lots of mine ended up a wee bit smalll, there are lots of ways to fix it during setting though.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oooooh, I just love that little block! A relaxing time in the pool ... sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend! Hope your sewing machine enjoys its time at the spa. ;-)

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

What a sweet little block. Hope your machines comes back safe and sound and SOON! Though, you've got a nice busy weekend planned it sounds. ;)

Cyn said...

Darling little block. Love the green. If it's only a smidge too small have you tried: spraying with starch, pinning to correct size on a grid, lightly pressing and leave to dry. This little trick can fix a ton of glitches... learned it from Sharon Schamber.
Enjoy your visit. Family is the best!