Sunday, November 5, 2017

Slow Stitching in Vermont.....

It was a travel day for me yesterday. An early drive to the airport (other than the chip in the windshield - sorry hubby), it was  a beautiful drive in as the sun was coming up with the fog making a wonderful display.


The flights were on time and uneventful - and instead of slow stitching on the flights as I had planned - I decided to read. So relaxing to travel by yourself without having to keep 2 kids entertained! I landed in Vermont and was welcomed by the green mountains... and the hanger of 'The Green Mountain Boys' as we rolled by on the runway. It always feels like home when I see that!  It was a pretty drive to my parents house with some color still in the trees hanging on up in the Burlington area despite the wind storm last weekend. It is stick season in central Vermont.  A nice meal out for my birthday with my parents and sister Joanne last night topped off the day. The kids called twice last night... just because! We will see how their week goes but they are in Daddy's capable hands. Grandma is helping out with pick up from school the first three days and Dad gets the last two.

Today, most of my siblings (all but one who called last night) will be coming over today for a ham dinner and visiting before I head to the hotel tonight for my week of work. This is a business trip after all! I'm looking forward to settling in with some slow stitching on my lemoyne stars....

Inklingo free diamond shape set printing onto fabric - cut and sewing lines.

or maybe I'll actually do some hand quilting on the red dresden plate block.

Only the purple block is done at this point - time to start working on these again.
I did finish off the last edge of the 2 inch trip around the world quilt this past week (finishing at just over 60 inches square) - allowing me to move onto another UFO - the dresden blocks! They have been patiently waiting for their individual hand quilting as a portable project and then will be sewn together into a top with a white sashing.

Linking up with the other slow stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts.






12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to be able to visit your family - are the fall leaves all down in Vermont now - ours in Arkansas are falling but it is an odd year and parts of the country are having a late fall I hear.

Deb A said...

The leaves are down on the ground here. It normally is early October but they hung on this year with the warm temps and little rain.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

So nice that you could mix business with pleasure! Have fun with family and your stitching

Suzanne said...

Beautiful projects to be working on during your travels.

Sarah said...

Great to have a job close to family!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds nice to be able to combine family with your work trip! Enjoy some slow stitching, too!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Always good to be prepared with some handwork projects when you travel. Nice that you could spend some time with your family too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad to hear that you had a safe trip and a nice visit with family! Best wishes for a good work-week.

CathieJ said...

It is nice that you can combine family time with a work trip. On top of that, you get to finish some hand-stitching.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I'm so glad your business trip takes you home to your parents. So much nicer than to a distant city alone. Hope you have a productive, enjoyable week. ~Jeanne

gayle said...

Oh, Vermont... My heart still lives there. Enjoy your trip home!

a good yarn said...

Enjoy your week in Vermont (it's one my wish list if I ever get to travel State-side).