Sunday, November 26, 2017

Slow stitching Sunday...

 I have enjoyed the last hour or so slowly stitching on the orange peel doll quilt while watching Groundhog day with hubby. I moved the hoop about 3 times and have one last border to go. That might have to wait for later this evening though. It has been a nice relaxing and quiet morning.
 The kids will be returned soon from Grandma's. I'm thinking they will be helping me outside today to trim up the bushes so the Christmas lights can be put up at some point. I might let them loose in the garden to till it today as well. They both like doing it and I really need to plant some  beans and peas... and see what happens. I am a wee bit late on them but the worst that will happen is nothing comes up. I got some beets and carrots too... those have done well in the past. The lettuce and tomato's are in buckets and doing well. I added a new basil plant yesterday to the new parsley and chives. The thyme, rosemary and mint are still going strong from previous years. So nice to have mid 70's for weather after a very hot summer and fall. I might need to pop out to the store today - I'm thinking lunch is leftovers and for dinner I'll make a taco salad (Emily's favorite - recipe under the recipe tab) and maybe some taco meat. I think we are all a little sick of turkey!


Linking up with the other slow stitchers at Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice that you got to work some more on your Orange Peel--it is so pretty! We are tired of turkey too--today will be homemade spaghetti with meatballs for us...yum!!
hugs Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice that you can have your garden at this time of year and I am mulching and turning soil over and letting it sit until spring now

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm not quite sick of turkey yet, but I know how that can happen! How nice to have some quiet stitching time this morning! Your orange peel quilt looks lovely!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

seems funny to hear about gardening at this time of year from my perspective and weather :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great progress. I am having good luck with my fall garden I tried spinach, cabbage, and kale and some oriental beans. A large spinach salad was enjoyed Saturday and I'm looking forward to cabbage rolls this week

CathieJ said...

Tonight will be the last of the turkey for Hubby and me. It is nice that you got to work on your quilting. It is looking really pretty. My husband loves that movie. I watch it with him, but I can't watch it too often.

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun to see a fabric that I recognize... I have that border fabric in navy! Enjoy the gardening... everything here is frozen!

Ellen said...

So nice to have some time for yourself. I think a quilt made with orange peels is in my future. :)