Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Trying to take it easy...

I decided to call in sick to work today. Kids are home (no school this week) and my lovely head cold needed some nursing (and doing nothing!) so hopefully it will go away. It started as a sore throat Saturday evening...was a clogged head Sunday and Monday... and since no fever I got a flu shot Monday morning at my annual doctor appt. Grandma had the kids Sunday and returned them Monday afternoon..... and last night I let them get out the Christmas stuff and decorate a bit while I had a rest in bed.

Today.... I am just relaxing with a few stitches in this doll quilt while resting in the recliner. The kids are keeping busy. I'm thinking it might be movie time for me.....


The good news... I took medicine (cough syrup DM ) at 6:15 this morning... and so far have not had to take it again today. The last two days.... I knew when it had been 4 hours. Progress.... or just need to drink more liquids! I think we are done with appointments this week, except for gymnastics tomorrow night. Aidan had a retainer check at 8:10 this morning. The turkey is thawing in the fridge for Thursday. I told the kids I had a pound of hamburger and asked how they wanted it cooked for dinner. I was thinking stroganoff or tater tot casserole but they said burgers! Easy.... I had some potato that needed cooking up so that got made into potato salad this morning, and Emily taste tested it for her breakfast. Half a cabbage will become coleslaw this afternoon.
Time for more stitching and then I'm thinking The Polar Express...as the kids heard thunder so will be coming inside after they pick up the things they left out in the woods. I know some rain is coming towards us so they will be inside for a bit until that passes.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving in the US on Thursday. I'm hosting and cooking.... so I need to be over this cold!


5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoping you feel better in time for Turkey Day!!!

Ellen said...

I hope you are feeling better too! I don't normally get the flu shot but I got the flu last year so I plan on getting my flu shot on Friday.

canuckquilter said...

Get well soon! Sounds like you're on the mend as long as you don't try to do too much too soon...

LA Paylor said...

oh Deb... it's like being there.
Life is just so daily isn't it? Being able to let the kids go out, play, and rest your poor head is worth a lot.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Hope you are feeling better! I'm glad you just stopped and rested - I think that is the best medicine. Happy Thanksgiving! ~Jeanne