Friday, April 20, 2018

Graduation quilt and Instrument petting zoo

Progress? Not so much! Thursday is my day off and now that bowling is done it was a free day for me. I had planned to sew all day..... but other stuff needed to get done. Shopping to get groceries at a couple of stores and 3 loads of laundry and picking up the house a little.... left me with about an hour of sewing time before getting the kids. I got everything pressed and made a few blocks and one oops, that needs to get fixed. It was progress at least!



Oops....
After school pick up - I dropped Aidan to a friends for about an hour for a hang out sessions  - it is not a play date mom!. Emily and I headed to the park to meet up with a friend of hers. Home to make dinner - baked fish and yes the house still smells like fish. I'm blaming the salmon and not the cod on that one! Then it was quickly off to school for the Petting Zoo - the middle school band came over and gave a quick performance and then had their instruments there for the kids to test out! I think there was about 11 and both kids tried them all out. Emily loved the drums and clarinet and Aidan loved the trumpet and french horn! They get the chance to select band in 6th grade at middle school. A little way's away but something to look forward to.

Photo's for Mom and Dad... looks like the music tradition will continue with these two. The students from middle school were showing the kids how to play the instruments.




Ms. Goode - the kids elementary Music teacher is helping Emily with flute.








3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

when a quilter has school age kids it is a wonderful thing to have even an hour a day to sew

Needled Mom said...

The graduation quilt blocks look really nice. Some days we are just lucky to squeeze in a moment here and there for our hobbies.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Great to see the kids still taking up music in the 6th grade! I played the flute and the bassoon! I just love to make mistakes so I can have a ripping party! LOL