Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Progress....

Well, with the kids in an active camp at a gym..... I have had nice and quiet to work and an extra hour or two to get a little walk in before starting and a little sewing time after working. Counting down the days until they go back to school on the 13th! I actually got my 10K steps yesterday for the first time in a while. Hopefully it will cool down a little tonight for another walk.... it is feels like 100 out right now.

I got a little sewing in today......

The little hearts quilt - abut 27x27 got a quick quilting and a binding made and sewn on today.  I had that strip of blue left over so just added to it so I had enough for this quilt. All set for hand stitching the binding tonight. I prepped some extra batting and found a backing for it yesterday.




I also stitched 2 sets of rows together for the dresden quilt. I just need to stitch that backing strip down to join them... then one last seam before I decide what color binding to finish it off with.

No red sewing today.... well....this explains that one! Don't touch my soft bed Mom.... I'm making sure these fabrics don't go anywhere.


I suppose I should go fetch the kids. They were exhausted last night.  The boy insisted he didn't want to go all day Sunday and was not going Monday morning ... on top of a Thunderstorm all night long Sunday night so he was working on no sleep. Turns out he had a pretty good time and other than being sore all over (did I mention it is a gymnastics facility so lots of trampoline jumping, running and playing and jumping into the styrofoam pits) he was ready to head back today. Emily loved it. They are both in different groups based on age, so that is good. They needed some away from each other time. I switched Emily's Orthodontist appointment to take off her one last band on her tooth (when they were removed she didn't want that one touched anymore!) from tomorrow morning until Thursday after I'll pick them up from camp. They indicated they didn't want to miss out on the morning fun =). That just leaves pulling Aidan for guitar on Friday a little before 2.... I'll leave Emily there and pick her up after he is done at 3. They have water day on Friday but it sounds like it is all morning not the afternoon.  I think this week of camp will let us make it though the next 2 weeks before school starts again.


6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You got me into a 'funny' habit there lady--I am still stitching a heart a day (for the most part anyways!!) I am on 3rd charm pack for hearts--each set is different!! I love doing them each day--the applique relaxes me!!
Can't believe school will start in a couple weeks for some kids--and some don't go back until after Labor day!!
and I love love that photo of kitty protecting the red scraps --that photo needs printing out!!!
enjoy, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is neat that the kids are having fun and that your son that thought he wouldn't is! School starts in about 2 or so weeks in Arkansas too but my granddaughter in WI doesn't go back until after Labor Day

canuckquilter said...

Your heart quilt turned out super cute. Almost August! You can make it :) Glad you found a fun camp for them this week.

Kate said...

Both scrappy projects are looking great and even better almost finishes. Glad the kids and you are getting in just a bit of fun before school starts up. Where did the summer go?

Julierose said...

Love your hearts--and dresdens--all so lovely. Nice work.
My 20 minute sessions throughout the day are working pretty well (even if i cheat and go further to "finish up" a seam or whatever!) at least I don't get wasted and grouchy using this method.
10,000 steps--i am impressed....do you use a fitbit?
Hugs, Julierose Stay cool

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my Kitty wants a red quilt maybe! Oh I love your dresdan quilt!