I made a couple more blocks to get a total of 30. That is about 3 blocks in each of the 10 color families. I actually measured the block and turns out they are 8 inches finished not 6! That makes for a 40x48 size little quilt... right now. It might 'need' something for a border. We will see. It might just get finished off with a colorful binding. I'll link up Saturday with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
These bow ties were started a year or two ago with that challenge - one color a month for 10 months. This batch has red, orange, yellow, pink, green, aqua, light blue, dark blue, purple and black. There is one of each of those color ways in each set of the 2 rows (10 blocks every 2 rows)... which is how I spread out my colors when I lay things out on the floor. Then it is moving things around within those 2 rows for lights, medium and darks to try and get it how I think it looks good. This was the winning layout while I was waiting to get logged back onto work this morning. I got them sewn together after work and before it was time to go pick up the kids... speaking of which, I better head out to get them!