Sunday, June 9, 2019

Slow Sunday...

I plan to get a couple more of my blue hexagons stitched up today. Look at that! I got 2 done while waiting for the computer to charge to post this!



Then I'll settle in and get a basket or two quilted. I have 13 of 25 done so far.

Why does this always happen?


Linking up with the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.

I am so tempted to start the embroidery I purchased earlier this year with Blueprint.... but figured I should finish a hand project before starting a new one. (Crazy I know!) I'll start it in July.... probably in Vermont when all the hexagons are stitched onto their background. It will be my first try at embroidery.... and with my tutorial video....and Mom who did that back when she was younger I should be able to tackle it!

Yesterday the boy wanted Mom time and Mom wanted machine time! I got the last of the bow tie blocks sewn and he decided the layout.

He wanted 4 together in the same color way in a circle. There were 12 of each color so we have 3 blocks of each color. The blocks of 4 are now 6 inches.

Might need to make another 8 bow ties in the black color way to get 30 blocks instead of the 28 we have. I went ahead and made one more set in black yesterday but the numbers were not working out. It was taxing the boys brain and we gave up. I'm going to add 2 more black and grey blocks today to make an even 30 for a 5x6 set.

The girl was playing UNO with Dad in the afternoon and they also made the meatballs for dinner last night. The boy and I handled the making of the french bread. With some angel hair pasta and marinara sauce dinner was done! Mom - the zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting came out really yummy..... you know the one from the Taste of Home magazine =)
I had to play Bingo last night with Emily.... my kids love to play games!

I also gave her churn dash blocks to play with..... did I mention I tend to collect blocks? Hehehe....

Linking up with the RSC Challenge and Oh Scrap.

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you all had a busy day yesterday! I like the way your boy decided to lay out the bowties - they look great in their colorful circles! We have always been game players at our house, too - even now when my grown kids come home, we get out the games!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that churn dash especially but like the others too - nice that your kids like to spend time with your and your quilting!

Quilter Kathy said...

How wonderful to have a block layout consultant! Do they hire out?!?
Enjoy your slow stitching today!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

How fun to have help laying out scrappy blocks. I love both the bowties and the churn dashes. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects, love those baskets!

Sarah said...

My dog does the same when I'm working on a project! Nice bow tie layout! Once you get into your embroidery I think you might get hooked, I know I did!

The Joyful Quilter said...

BOTH of your kids have a great eye for design. Nice job, Aidan and Emily!!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Busy day and so good the kids love to play the games! Good for them and you received help with block placement. All in all a good day!

Kim said...

You are either a very quick hexie stitcher or your computer takes an age to get into the groove. =) The boy did a fabulous job at designing those blocks. How fabulous both your children love to spend time with you. The churn dash blocks look lovely, as do your baskets.