Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday.....

It is a busy weekend in my family. June 15th is always busy.... It is my parents 56th Anniversary, my nephews birthday (he was born on their 29th anniversary as the first grandchild) and yesterday my niece graduated from High School with honors and got her schools scholarship to UVM! Great job Sally!

Today - Happy Fathers Day! Hubby got breakfast in bed (coffee and everything bagel with cream cheese) and the kids homemade gifts at 7:10. They were so excited and were busy for a few hours making things yesterday. 
Happy Fathers Day to my Dad.... so many games played with his kids after a long day of work, trips to the dump on Saturday morning with 'going to the dump music' and special stops at the little store to chat with neighbors and I got Swedish fish =).  Great memories!

This is the 20th basket of 25 that was finished off last night. The heart is a little wonky and off center.... but I am ok with it. 


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you do a great father's day!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fun memories made in the past and being made in the present.
Enjoy your slow stitching and thanks for linking up!

Julierose said...

Enjoy your slow and quiet stitching--I hope to get in some work on an old hand project--Cathedral windows --begun with Mom many years ago...hugs, Julierose

Miaismine said...

Beautiful basket - it's what caught my eye over at Kathy's Quilts! I love your heart as well! Thank you for sharing!

Birthe Marie said...

Very cute basket! :-)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love wonky--that is how all my work comes out--it gives things 'character' and we can all use some of that in our lives!!! Glad you have some good father/daughter memories--
luv, di