Saturday, August 31, 2019

August Finish? Maybe.....

I finished the hand quilting Thursday and trimmed it up. Emily pressed my binding for me and I will attach it to the front today. Good hand work for movie night tonight.

Saturday morning will be watching Emily ride Prince at the new riding facility. She is so excited and I am so happy it is 10 minutes from home. I just checked the address and it is a little different from what I was thinking. Mom - it is right behind the Catholic church on 200!

We will do the yard pick up after that and then jump in the pool to cool off. Might as well enjoy it while we can as the temps will be in the feels like over 100. Right now it looks like the hurricane will stay on the east coast side and potentially off the coast. In our hurricane prep we realized we needed a better form of cooking option for no power. We have a camp stove arriving tomorrow.  We don't have a gas grill just a big green egg. The pellet stove takes electricity. It is nice to have options and we are prepped for 'what if'.  We have been discussing a gas grill...... I noticed I grilled a good amount while up in Vermont. It is so nice to just push a button.... and it is ready!


I think the cat and mouse quilt will be the next one in the hoop! Must find a backing and get it prepped.

Linking up with the RSC Challenge....and looking forward to purple!

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a nearly finished quilt, Deb! Nice choice for NEXT in the hoop, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope the hurricane will not damage anything for you - I take it you are on the west coast side?

Ray and Jeanne said...

Ohhh...the baskets look good! I hope Dorian stays off the coast but I'm glad to know you are ready. Praying for you and your whole state to stay safe. ~Jeanne

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I am hoping that you will not be in the way of Dorian! If you are stay safe and maybe move away until it is over! Hugs

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cat and mouse quilt is so cute - it will be fun to see it quilted! I do hope that hurricane stays farther east. This will be my SIL and BIL's first hurricane experience since moving to Ocala.

Jo said...

Nothing sweeter than a basket quilt and your blue baskets are beauties. Love the cat and mouse quilt also!

Susie H said...

Your little basket quilt just makes my heart sing. The fabrics you used with the setting triangles is what I'd call perfect. The Cat & Mouse quilt is really cute!

Julierose said...

Those baskets are so cute..love them...and that cat and mouse piece is adorable...hugs== stay safe Julierose

Julie in GA said...

Your baskets quilt turned out beautifully! I will look forward to watching the Cat & Mouse quilt next.

QuiltGranma said...

Love your basket quilt, but do not recall the dimensions, if you said. Could you repeat that info please? Same with the cat and mouse quilt, love it and dimensions too, please. Thanks.

Deb A said...

The basket is 32x32. The cat and mouse is 46x54 right now before borders. Sorry you are a no reply bligger and there is no email in your profile.