Last week I had some goals and I'm happy to say I made progress on a few of them! I got 3 umbrella blocks completed- laid out on my new floors which are so much nicer than the carpet,
the knitted dish cloth finished and one patch hand sewn onto Emily's girl scout vest. I forgot how much of a pain it was and will attempt to use the machine to stitch the rest of them today.
I did make my embroidery block - I just need to add a couple more french knots and then trim it to size. I am thinking I will pull some fabrics from the stash and hand piece this one while in the many car lines I get to sit in now! I'm debating changing to blue to a little bit darker floss.....
I'll stitch in Emily's and knit or crochet in Aidans. His I tend to be on the road waiting to get in with all the police going back and forth..... I like to be looking up not down at my stitching. I'm going to try a hexagon crochet block to make into an afghan. I found a tutorial I liked here - will see how it goes! Hmmm. Might have to look down at that though, unlike my dish cloths (which I need to finish the one I started last week in car line - it is half way knitted!). Will give it a try this week and see how it goes.
I also got back into hand quilting and have 2 sides of my setting triangles to go on the basket quilt. That will be the project to work on today.
Grandma called this morning.... seems the gage on her pump is zero and no water. Hubby will go and see if he can figure it out and will bring some jugs filled with water for her. We kept 2-3 of the big blue jugs from when we had them at the store. They come in handy to fill with water in case of power outages (hurricanes) or situations like this. Hopefully it is an easy fix and she doesn't need the pump replaced... we had to do that a few years ago with ours. I see a nice quiet house for a few hours and time playing with fabric in my sewing room.
Linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers this week.