Friday, October 25, 2019

FNSI

I'm going to join Wendy at Sugarlane Designs on the Friday Night Sew In tonight...... (at least during car lines if I can't manage some sewing tonight!)

I know I will be stitching a little on my #6 block for the Ella Marie Deacon Quilt Along over at Sentimental Stitches. I chose to hand piece mine and this applique block is being back basted and then needle turn applique. 16 baby peels in a pretty design. I just need to back baste the 8 light blue and then needle turn the 10 of them.



I have lots of bins of scraps... overflowing that need some attention. I am tempted to START something new..... that crooked courthouse steps block that Bonnie Hunter and Jo Kramer were playing with the last few weeks. It would be a great use of scraps....and not much thinking involved. Bonus.... it could be completely scrappy in color - just pull and sew! My kind of mindless sewing that is needed in my life right now.

Tomorrow we drop the girl to Girl Scout Camp for an overnight with my other leader. I am not going this time! They are decorating the front of a cabin and then handing out goodies to trick or treaters at an event, then spending the night and helping to clean up the trails at the camp the next morning. I get to supervise a science project - Aidan is baking a Vanilla Crazy Cake and determining if baking soda or baking powder will rise a cake better. We will be doing 3 cakes - one each with soda, powder and no leavening agent. I had to laugh when I wrote up how we would dispose of the experiment! Why, taste test it of course! Hehehe....
He got his choice of meal since sister is away. He chose shrimp lo mein. We will see what other things he decides to do on his Mom and boy day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you had a fun FNSI!

a good yarn said...

Your applique blocks are always so lovely and a great way to use scraps. Have fun with the experiment!

Susie H said...

I thought about doing the Ella Marie quilt but had already started downloading and wanting to do the Cheddarback quilt Sentimental Studios also has going on. She sure shares somes beautiful opportunities, doesn't she? Your block looks beautiful -- keep up the good work. As I recall this QAL has LOTS of tiny blocks!