Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday Stitching....

Love being the first one up! A nice quiet house (well, the road noise is picking up and getting to me but it will be time to close up the house soon to try and keep it cool with the AC not working today - temps will be sunny and 86!)

I knitted a few rows on my yellow dish cloth. I have a feeling this one may be a colorful one as I don't think there is enough yellow to finish it. I did spy some pink that will fill in or the huge cone of cream may get started off. Knitting is such a great - keep hands busy while the mind works - task with this particular pattern.

Aidan and I were in the sewing room for a bit yesterday while Emily was giving a couple of horses a spa day. I was able to prep an umbrella block and pull fabrics for block 6 of the Ella Marie Deacon quilt along.

 This weeks block for me is orange peels in a neat pattern. I had fun picking out my 3 fabrics to use on them. That should keep me busy in car lines this week. 16 little tiny orange peels (under 3 inches long) to stitch onto my 9.5 inch block.


No progress on the trip quilt on the frame. Maybe I'll get a little stitching in on it tonight? The teal is done for this turn - onto the orange.


We will see how tired I am after a Wizzarding event with my troop this afternoon. 3 hours of fun with 7 of the girls! I do love my Harry Potter and they do such a great job with this event. It was offered 2 years ago and the girls had a blast. Some changes have been made...and I got to see some of the wands made and chocolate frogs that will be in the 'store'. I'm looking forward to watching the quiddich game!

Linking up with the other slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts.


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you get your A/c working soon I know you need it there!

Karrin Hurd said...

Hope you get your AC working soon. Lovely quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm hoping you get your AC fixed, too! When you're prepping for applique, do you draw the shape on the fabric first, then use that to guide your stitches? Needle turn applique is my next hand-stitching to try, but haven't really had a chance to yet. Your Harry Potter event sounds fun!

a good yarn said...

I was gazing at the quilt in your blog header and it caught me that we see you post your progress - all those sweet blocks - then suddenly it's a quilt and quite fabulous too. Temps are rising here 38 degC on Friday (yuk!) My A/C better be working. Enjoy your Wizarding event.