Sunday, October 13, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching....

I am so looking forward to a day of rest and working on whatever I feel like doing.... or nothing at all! It has been crazy busy the last couple of weeks. The kids are headed to Grandma's and will be there overnight as they are off school tomorrow. Did I mention I just love my MIL who takes them during the day Sunday and overnights sometimes?

I'll be doing some nice relaxing stitching today on a few projects. It is nice to have options as I never know 'what I am in the mood for'!

The 4th Ella Maria Deacon block will get finished today. All the parts are made. I just need to draw my stitching lines and put it together. The next set of blocks are released Tuesday! It is so fun to pick from my stash of blues for these.

 

The 2nd Happy Little Things block is waiting for lines to be drawn on the borders so they can be attached. I'll also draw the 3rd embroidery pattern onto the fabric and maybe start that today.... or in car lines this week. I think I might pencil draw the 4.5 inch square around it before I even stitch it to see if that will help center the block better when it is time to trim it down.

I'll uncover the frame and get some hand quilting in on the trip quilt today. Peanut was caught sleeping on it this morning... which is why I cover it with quilts. I really need to remember to put it in an upright position so the cat's can't sleep on it! I did a little research and realized... when I rolled it onto the frame... I was to have done the batting and top onto the same rod... rather than what I did - just the top! Lesson learned, if only I can remember when I put the next one on! I get to play with happy looking teals today!


I have 2 more umbrella's prepped I just need to pull fabrics so those are ready to pop into the 'to go' bag for car line waits and horse riding lesson waits. Em missed riding last week but I have her scheduled for Wednesday this week.... and I hear she might be trying to canter on Prism! We will see how that goes!

The last knitted dish cloth in pink was completed in the ICU on Thursday sitting with my Uncle. Time to find the next little ball of yarn and start another one - I believe I have purple, yellow and some light and bright pink balls along with a huge cone of cream. I'll use the parts first for some colorful kitchen dish cloths. I just have to remember to zip these into the bag so the cats can't get in and eat my yarn.

Linking up with the other Slow Sunday Stitchers. Head on over and get inspired.

7 comments:

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I do hope that you enjoy your time! That is so important for all of us. Your MIL sounds like a jewel! I never had one that good! Every time I read your posts I fall in love more and more with your header quilt! It is just so stunning.

You do all of your piecing by hand don't you? Such a love for the art of quilting that you have!

May you have a peaceful quiet week!
Hugs

Karrin Hurd said...

Hope you have great stitching time! Great work!

Kim said...

I do love your happy little teals! How wonderful your MIL loves to hang out with your kids. Enjoy a beautiful Sunday filled with happy stitching.

Quilter Kathy said...

So many lovely projects to work on!
Bless your MIL for giving you some slow peaceful kid-free moments to fit in some hand stitching!
Love the teals on your TATW!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your different stitching projects are so pretty! I really like the Happy Little Things blocks especially. Hope you've had an enjoyable stitching Sunday!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love to see progress on your trip. Simple squares and straight line quilting turn into stunning

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Aren't we blessed to have such a wonderful hobby of working with the hands and creating lovely things...you more so than me with the creating bit. But I'm trying, :). I can hear in this post how much enjoyment you are getting from the lovely colours and pieces you are making. Happy Stitching from me, Deb.