Sunday, October 6, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching....

There will be slow stitching today! I am up early (hey - when you fall asleep before 8PM then wake up for an hour around 11:30 then go back to sleep till 6:30 you must have been tired!) and ready to do a little slow stitching while listening to the news in a nice quiet house.

I did not get much sleep Friday night - we had a sleepover and the girls were in a tent set up in the living room and they did not settle down until after 11PM... giggling and chatting and we were up early to meet the troop for a walk to search for a geocache on the trails for 9AM. We found one..... and decided we will wait for it to cool down before doing that again! It was feels like 90 degrees at 10AM yesterday. I spent the day cleaning the house (between breaks to stitch up block #3 for Ella Marie Deacon Quilt Along) which explains the tired. This does need a press but it was fun to stitch together.


Today... slow stitching, grocery shopping and a visit to my fil in the hospital is on tap for me. He is better and they are talking release to rehab early this week. It will be 2 weeks on Monday he has been in there. Very weak but on the road to recovery.

Today will be slow stitching the Happy Little Things block (next one is released tomorrow!). Anyone have tips on how to center properly and cut the embroidery block to size? I thought I had a good plan... but it is not going to be centered well.


Prepping Block #4 for EMD quilt along and prepping 2 umbrella's to stitch this week in the car lines will happen.

I hope to also put some thread into the TATW quilt on the frame this afternoon/evening. Lofty goals, so I'd better log off, take a sip of coffee and get stitching on HLT's!

6 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great projects in progress.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your EMD block is a real beauty.
Our amazing planet... you are still in such heat while we are gradually losing ours as October proceeds.
Hope you get everything done you have planned including a little slow stitching.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your little embroidered flower is going to look sweet surrounded by the yellows and greens. I am looking to our cold front for Monday. September was way to warm and then it followed us into October. I just hope we some fall weather before it turns cold

CathieJ said...

So glad that your FiL is improving. I like the blue block and unfortunately don't have any suggestions for centering except maybe using your clear ruler and making some faint markings.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh boy, those sleepovers will do it!! Glad you could make up a little sleep last night, and glad your FIL is doing better, too. Your blue block for the Ella Marie Deacon qal is so pretty!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

More pretty blues in the newest block--lovely!
I got all caught up on the Inchies this morning--glad that is done--just need to get them all stitched onto the body now--maybe later while watching Nascar!!
Can you tell me where I put the two ink cartridges I had for the printer--I do remember putting them someplace for safe keeping--well---I have looked everywhere--no can find!!!??
luv, di