Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentines Day!

I hear there will be a new Hand Pieced Quilt Along in 2020 coming in March! How exciting. I have yet to finish my 2019 one... but, that just needs hand quilting. It is together as a top... but might get some darker blue borders added by hand before the hand quilting begins. Maybe 2 borders.... we will see.


There will be new tips and techniques to build upon last years. I'm in.... anyone else?

I'm thinking I'll play with purples this year.... since I am using blues for the hand pieced Ella Maria Deacon quilt along and did blues last year. I have a nice variety of purples on the stash wall. Now to decide on the background.... hmmmm wonder if I have enough of that cream with the little purple flowers for background fabric?

Here is the link to the teaser announcement from Kristin and Patty.

In other news..... It has been a long week with very philosophical discussions about threats, repercussions and how some kids in our area have really messed up their lives at very young ages. There were threats issued on social media to the middle school that Aidan attends and the neighboring high school on the same street for Tuesday and Thursday. Two arrests have been made of a 9th grader and a 7th grader for 2 of the 3 threats made. The police are investigating the 3rd and are hoping for an arrest soon. I just hope that these kids get the help and counseling they obviously need. Unfortunately, there were no warnings issued before some of the tragic school shooting incidents we have had in the last 20-30 years.

With all of that, the kids said something about Valentines Day last night. I mentioned that I much prefer to have the little 'thoughtful' things all year long rather than on one day a year. They both looked at me with a strange look, so my example to them was -  their Dad usually makes coffee for me (he gets out of bed first! If I am the first one up then I make it and deliver to him) and then delivers me a cup the way I take it to me in my recliner.  It's the little things in life to be thankful for and appreciate in this strange time we are living in.... and getting sent to your sewing room when you are a wee bit grumpy! =) He gets me!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Mike always gets me too many bags of dark chocolate and I make him Chocolate Chip cookies -- little things in life make it perfect!
hope the school stuff clears up I am sure glad I do not have kids in school anymore - my teenage granddaughter in WI was having such anxiety issues at school that she switched to a school that is on line and does face to face with teachers on the computer and phone!

Angela said...

Mine goes out on Saturday morning while I post scrap happy Saturday to get diet Mountain Dew. It is the little things that count. As for the school issues, unfortunately, we have learned the hard way not to ignore any threats. It is sad for all of us to know what can happen.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ahh--the new hand piecing class--yes I am in--so I guess I better decide what fabrics I am going to use to make mine this year--last year each block was a different color--and I am happy to say is almost all hand quilted now-just one border yet to do and that is on tonights --to stitch list--
deciding on the binding will be the next big job!!
I will remember to pray for your kids safety at school--
luv, di

Quilter Kathy said...

I am totally in for another hand piecing quiltalong!
I might use the leftover scraps from Frolic.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no, what a week! I hate to hear about those things happening to our kids. I'm in for the next hand-pieced qal! I enjoyed it so much last year.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

It is a very strange world that we are in - dangerous for the children, and dangerous for adults with all the anger and violence.
Yes small things make a difference. I have always appreciated anything that someone takes the time to do a small thank you or just a phone call! Have a better week and love your projects. I would love to join, but cannot at this time. Hugs