Thursday, February 27, 2020

Progress???

I happened to see a post stating that the OMG February finish link is up. Yikes! I am not done my goal yet of finishing quilting the trip quilt. I finally took some time and finished off the middle of the green last night and was able to roll the quilt to the last section needing quilting. I might have had hubby fix the fire stick so that the tv would work in the bedroom again yesterday afternoon!


I need to figure out the tension on this end part. I think I need to remove from the leader and baste it maybe? I'll have to check the videos and see. Those stitches might need to come out....


Hopefully this should go a little faster as I am better at the up and down from the right hand rather than the down and up quilting from the last section.  Right now I am thankful that we have an extra day this month. 3 more days.... I think I can get the hand quilting done on this top....but it might be really late on Saturday Feb 29 for the finish!

Somehow 2 kids managed to end up in the room with me while I was stitching. I guess it doesn't matter where I am in the house... they will find me! There might have been 3 cats in the room as well =)

This guy was perched on a fence yesterday while I was walking. He waited for me to take the photo before he flew off.




6 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

I see three days of stitching in your future. Not a bad way to spend the end of February! ~Jeanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your hawk looks like mine they are so interesting to watch I think. You are so close to finishing. I can't tell how you have your quilt on your frame it is so different than a 3 roller like mine. I had a 2 roller once years ago but I don't remember how I did it I only had it for a short time

Chris said...

Could you move your chair to the other side of the quilt and stitch from there?

Julierose said...

I hope you reach your goal--with your schedule it's wonderful that you can fit in your quilting and piecing...;))) I remember those days...
now that I am retired--I wonder sometimes how I even had time to work at all hahaha
You are doing such a lovely job on this beautiful piece--good luck hugs, Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree with Chris stitch toward the outside of the quilt when you get near the edges and it works much better! Looking forward to your finished trip!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hoping you reach your goal, Deb! It's getting there. I love seeing hawks in our yard, although the little birds don't, lol! I wonder what kind yours is.