Thursday, January 14, 2021

Not much progress...

I have kept up with the hexagon QAYG and prepped a few more last night while watching the Lightning play their game opener. I have 13 completed so far this month. 


The last prepped snowball block was completed. I need to cut more parts out today with the Accuquilt die.


One kid dropped off for her last day of Q2 before a 4 day weekend. The other is doing his assignments in his room for the day. I'll plan to log into work for a couple of hours, I have a first production run of data this morning that involves a major programming change I implemented in October. Just to check and make sure it went smoothly.

One thing we have learned from the chickens is that they produce a variety of shades to their eggs. Once they lay a color- that is the color they will continue to lay. We have figured out Fred lays the darkest brown ones while Molly lays the lightest of the large eggs. Emma and Lily lay the shades in between but their shapes are a little different. These are from the Sex Link chickens - which are a cross breed of Rhode Island Red and White. They lay large brown eggs.

This bucket is the smaller eggs - small to medium light brown from the Plymouth Rocks and Rosie is doing a light pinkish shade as an Easter Egger. We are waiting for the last Plymouth - DC to start laying as well as Poppy the last Easter Egger. I hope hers is green or blue but we will have to wait and see. We are getting 7 eggs a day right now - 4 large and 3 small. I used up 2 of the small for my breakfast this morning - thanks to Myrtle and Maple for providing me my breakfast!


I hope to get some prep work and sewing accomplished today. I think it will be a pink sewing day for me and maybe I can finish up the last bit of clue #4 of the mystery. We will see.  

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Your blocks are going together so quickly. Hope your work goes smoothly today. Love seeing all the eggs. I always enjoy getting fresh eggs from my brother and SIL.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you sure are getting a lot of eggs! I like the "basket" that you have them in. Love how the snowball block looks with 4 of them put together

Julierose said...

Your hexagons are really coming together so well. I like the colors you've used a lot...

I am in a bit of a funk as to sewing...taking a few days off as I just don't feel like it...and cannot figure out the log cabin colors I want to use...
the red/white centers seem to be difficult for me to pair other colors with (other than red and green) for some reason...
Stay safe--hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Even small steps will move you in the right direction. I am sure our mojo will return.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the snowball blocks in that layout! You're getting amazing results with your chickens and eggs, and they're so pretty. Wish I could come buy a dozen from you now and then!