Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Snowballs are growing....

 


I got some time on Sunday after really picking up and condensing storage boxes of holiday things into controlled chaos. It turns out I have a floor in the garage area where my office and sewing area is along with all the storage! Greg went and retrieved the kids from Grandma's and that allowed me some relaxing stitching time to almost stitch 2 blocks! I still need to piece the three parts together - hopefully today.

Monday was a birthday in the house - hubby gained another year! I also had a girl scout meeting for cookie training that night and had to submit my initial cookie order. Just because that was not enough for the day.... the boy got sent home around noon from school for 10 days due to close contact with a Covid-19 person in one of his classes. They do wear masks on campus except for lunch. I still think it is strange that the girl is still allowed to go to school! We called all in contact the last bit and I let the AC company know what was happening as they were scheduled to come to the house today to do annual cleaning. They opted to reschedule and thanked me for letting them know. He is fine.....just trying to figure out what to do with his time. Sounds like he is going to learn German! He was a bit surprised when his Dad was tucking him in last night and was speaking German to him. Something about growing up near Cincy and a German grandmother! 



7 comments:

Julierose said...

Don't you just love the pattern when four blocks come together? So neat--nice work on these hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your son doesn't get it - it is odd how they do all of this as if one person in the house has been exposed you would think all in the house has been exposed because you are exposed to him! I don't think they have it all figured out still.
Are you hand piecing this one too?

Moneik said...

Love the hand piecing on these blocks. They are coming together beautifully. So interesting that he has to stay home but she doesn't. Mikaela's teacher had it, but she wasn't considered a close contact. They do wear masks.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Bummer that your son was exposed. Let's hope he doesn't come down with covid. I am always amazed at what you get done, what with your busy household.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those snowball blocks are going to make a great design! I had to stop and reread - Aidan was exposed to Covid so he has to stay home but not the person who exposed everyone? That's pretty strange! And happy birthday to your hubby! Hope his back is doing better.

a good yarn said...

Ooooh, those snowball blocks look great and the secondary pattern they form is good too. I’m sure your little man will be okay.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Wow! I love the design you are getting with the blocks together!!! Hope your son is just in quarantine and won't get sick. My Illinois grandsons go to a school that quarantines like that. They have been in school since the fall so I guess it is working. One was quarantined for 2 weeks but is fine. ~Jeanne