Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Hand quilting completed... now to get it finished!

I finished the hand quilting on this Tuesday night. Peanut and Ollie have inspected and approved the quilt for the next step. Time to trim and make and attach the binding and label. I should meet my OMG of finishing this quilt this month.


All that soft texture the hand quilting adds. Love it.


I love the hearts in the triangles!



This is the back - always a fun surprise when you turn it over.

I'll plan to use the extra cut off of the backing for the binding on this one. Started in March 2019 and should be finished in March 2021! Not too bad considering this one is all hand pieced. 


Hmmm. Dinner Monday night was meatloaf with roasted rosemary potato and asparagus. Tonight was a lazy meal of frozen Berber chicken (3 kievs and 1 broccoli and cheese for the boy) with some mashed potato and baked zucchini fries.  I have no clue what I will come up with for Wednesday night.. but the girl did mention alfredo .. so maybe we will have pasta with alfredo sauce with whatever veggie I find to toss in (broccoli) and maybe some shrimp or chicken mixed in (Em does not like shrimp so she gets chicken). 

Thursday night Emily and I will be attending a free cooking class at 7PM EST and making whoopie pies. This is the link if anyone else wants to join in =). It is a free link up, they send you the zoom info and the recipe they are using. This one is new england whoopie pies with peanut butter frosting. 

 

6 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

I do love this quilt! I miss hand quilting and enjoy seeing what you do. A whoopie pie class sounds like fun. ~Jeanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

whoopie pies sound interesting! love the quilt you have done really well on it

Julierose said...

Love the heart quilting in that blue and white quilt...I'll bet it has great texture...
Nice menu--tonight will be chicken and rice casserole for us...
off to put it together...;))) hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This is turning out wonderfully, Deb! That softness and texture is what I love about hand quilting, too. You're really getting close on the finish now!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A finish SEW close you can taste it? Oh, wait! That finish tastes like peanut butter. LOL!

Angie said...

Lookin' good! Can't wait to see it all finished!