Friday, March 3, 2023

Finishing off pink.

I was a little late in finishing playing with my pink this year. I was off yesterday and got a couple of hours in the sewing room to see what needed to get worked on. Turns out - I still needed to make some split 9 patches in pink for February. My supply of pink is very limited, but I was able to make up these blocks to add to the collection.


 I'll link up on Saturday with the RSC where people will be pulling out the green to play with for the month of March. I am excited! I have 2 light green blocks to make for the garden path collection and then I can assemble that into a quilt top. That will be my goal this month - to get that 2021 collection of blocks into a completed quilt.


Peanut the cat thinks the blocks will require moving around once I make the 2 light green ones. I'm sure he will be happy to assist in that process!

I headed off to the middle school midafternoon to be a chaperone for the advanced band heading to the MPA (music performance assessment) at one of the local high schools. There were a few middle school bands playing last night followed by a few high school bands. We got day 1 of the 3-day assessment. The kids did a great job and when the
teacher checked with the judges; they had assessed them at superior across the board! They performed 3 prepared songs on stage for 3 judges, then headed to the sightreading room across campus. They have it very secure and no phones while in that room. They saw 2 pieces of music and were given 3 minutes of review with the director before they performed the first one. The second piece they got 5 minutes to review before they performed it. The hardest part was not clapping after in the sightreading room since they did such a great job! This was a photo of them on the stage. We got home around 10PM and the girl was very sleepy this morning. I admit, I was as well. 
I think this finishes up the crazy month of February for the girl - with FFA (horse evaluation one weekend, cow another weekend), Band - lots of 3:45-5:30 after school practices the last few weeks and then the performance last Tuesday and the main event last night. Add in some girl scout cookie booths and riding of horses, working with Noelle the cow and feeding animals.... and normal schoolwork and it has been a busy time in my house shuttling kids here and there.



 


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your split 9s are pretty in pink! It will definitely be enjoyable to sew with green this month. Sounds like the band did a great job! That sightseeing after just looking at the music for a few minutes has got to be challenging.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love your blocks, Deb. I don't have much in pink either. But I do have some green so perhaps for once I can join the party. It does sound like the band performed wonderfully. Practice pays off.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that pattern you are working on it looks great and I bet you are glad to move on to another color

Julierose said...

Your Split 9-patches are just so pretty!! I haven't been sewing at all--not able to focus still with this brain fog--ugh--but better on the whole...
hugs for a good weekend, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty blocks to finish out pink month and best of luck on the GREEN blocks needed to complete your quilt layout! I'm looking forward to seeing that one come together. Congrats to Em and the band! Kudos to you, Deb, for getting her where she needed to go throughout the busy month of February.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Great colorful scrappy quilt! Hugs

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your garden path quilt is a stunner. How fortuitous that this month's color is green. Can't wait to see how Peanut's final layout for this one. Always good to have studio supervisor as your mentor.

Susie H said...

Peanut, your quilt assistant, probably has an excellent eye for color. Don't discourage his abilities to "reimagine" how your quilt should look! Hahaha! My Polly also has an amazing way to rearrange quilt blocks. Lovely pink blocks too!