Sunday, March 12, 2023

Slow Sunday

 I have been making quick work of the Frosty's this week. As it gets closer to the end of this series, I seem to stitch faster! Well, life is a wee bit slower after the crazy busy month of February. That helps a lot! This is Frosty #10 with his o in snow completed, and Frosty #11 just needing his face finished and a few snowflakes stitched above him. The last one is all traced and ready to start. Linking up with the other Slow Stitchers. The kids are off to Grandma's house today for the first time in about 6 weeks. I plan on visiting my sewing machine and relaxing with some fabric. The kids are off school for Spring Break.


I am enjoying a relaxing day (still in my jammies!) today. Despite the time change of losing an hour, I slept in until close to 10! I needed the sleep. It was a long day on Saturday with 4 girls hiking around Camp Wildwood at an encampment for the older girls (grades 6-12 only) and searching for and solving clues to the mystery all day. We met at my house at 7:30AM to head to the camp. I was tapped to help out with the opening ceremonies - to help raise the flag! I just helped unroll it and hold it so it did not touch the ground while it was being hitched to the string and raised up on the pole. My first time doing that! Normally the girls handle it but since it was their encampment, they got to not work and just enjoy their day. 


walking to our first clue at the theater. None of the girls had been out there before!

looking for our troop's clue.



exploring the theater.

we did do a little archery. I even got to shoot and hit the target twice!



After we solved the mystery, we had a couple of hours until closing ceremonies. None of them had been out to the Homestead area - and it was only a 20 minute hike from where we were, so we headed out there for a visit. Relaxing on the porch to enjoy the view of the lake!



The girls decided to stay for the campfire and smores. Ranger Courtney and Toni got the fire started. Since her normal helpers were nowhere to be found (her daughter Cam and sidekick Ally), Ms. Jill and I volunteered to help out at the smores making station. 



A dark walk back to the front of the camp and a car ride home with a full car of girls and my long day was over close to 9PM! 
I did find out this morning that my son finally took the proctored drivers test and passed. We need to schedule his appointment to go get his learners permit this week since they are off school. If I didn't have too much grey hair before, I have a feeling I really will after he has that permit in hand!


9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - it is always a scary time when the kids learn how to drive!! trust me I know LOL. You are making fast work on the snowmen - the camping looks great.

Linda said...

Your camp day brought back lots of memories of when I used to do the same things with our girls. Snowmen stitching is moving right along.

Anonymous said...

Cute frosty’s. I’m sure the girls enjoyed all those outdoor activities and they probably slept well last night too! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like ya'll had a grand adventure. What a pretty area that ya'll was visiting as well, Deb. Your Frosties are looking amazing; I just love them in blue and I am so honored that you are stitching them. You will be done in no time. I look forward to seeing how you set them. Have a great week and enjoy your jammie day. PS. I am enjoy a jammie do too. Lol.

Kim said...

Exciting times when one's teenagers learn to drive. Have a lovely Sunday playing with your sewing machine and fabric. You deserve it after the Saturday you enjoyed. It looks as if you and the girls had a fabulous time.

Miaismine said...

Your Frosty embroidery projects are so pretty! What fun you had with the girls! Take good care!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks it was a beautiful day for day camp! Getting close on those Frosties, too. Do you have an idea of what you want to do with them?

Astrid said...

Love your Frosties. Looks like a fun day at the camp.

Ivani said...

Your new Frosties are lovely, Deb. And looks like all of you enjoy all the activities outside.