Sunday, March 5, 2023

Slow stitching Sunday.

 I'm happy to report I have been making some progress on Frosty McChill! Out of the 12 blocks Melisa was so kind to share with us, I have eight completed. I am starting to think of how these will be finished off and put into a quilt. I still need to trim them to size, but I am thinking a scrappy blue look of squares surrounding each with a fun sashing in between? I have a few other ideas in my head so we will see which one wins in the end!



I finished the 8th one on Saturday watching the F1 qualifying. 
I'll be linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers. It is an early start to the morning with a 8-10 cookie booth across town. I know the boys will be watching the F1 race when we get home. I was thinking of a visit to Grandma's this afternoon, since we have not seen her in a while, but Emily was tapped to feed Noelle the cow who is back at the school. I'll bet she is lonely as all the other animals are gone now that the youth fair is over. I do plan to get a few stitches into Frosty #9 at some point today.




 

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a scrappy blue patchwork would be nice around the embroidery I bet.

Julierose said...

Your Frosty blocks will look so pretty all together--I like the blue block idea
We will be watching the Race today--[darn Ver came in 1st AGAIN yesterday--enough already--I'd like to see Alonso in there!!]
Tom got us donuts as a treat for the 1st Race of the Season..yum...
Hugs, Julierose

Angela said...

So cute!

CathieJ said...

I love these Frosty blocks. I like the idea of the scrappy squares surrounding them. What about using the squares for sashing in between or would that be too small? Enjoy your stitching!

Karrin Hurd said...

The Frosty McChill blocks are adorable!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Every Frosty you show that you've worked on is my favorite, lol! This one is definitely a cute one. Have fun watching the race - I'm sure my son will be, too!

linda said...

I love them, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Ivani said...

All Frosties are so cute. A scrappy blue border sounds like a great idea. Have fun stitching the remain blocks. Have a nice week, Deb.

Miaismine said...

You header quilt photo is so very beautiful! I love your blocks! The blue is perfect for a snowy design!

Kim said...

Scrappy blue squares around each sweet Frosty with a fun sashing in between will look fabulous! This quilt is going to be filled with sweet whimsy.

Astrid said...

I think a scrappy blue border would look great. Those Frosties are so cute.

Jenny said...

I love those Frosty blocks, must print some out for future stitching.