Saturday, March 11, 2023

RSC in green

 


I got some time in the sewing room this week! Shocking, I know!  I pulled one of my green 16 patch blocks and turned it into a star to go with the pink and blue. 


I had cut a few extra of the snowflake background triangles last month, so the hard part was pulling some dark greens for the kite part. After that one was together I still had a few more extra parts, so I pulled some bright greens for the kites. I pulled out another offcut of the snowflake fabric and cut out some more triangles. I do love how easily these blocks go together. They finish at 8 inches. I use the Accuquilt 8 inch cube for these.

Saturday, I'm starting off the kids spring break by being in the woods with a handful of the girl scouts from Emily's troop. We are just doing the day but it will be a long one. I'll link up to the RSC sometime on Saturday.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that looks like a fast block to make and will be a great quilt when done

Julierose said...

Nice green blocks--You are really using those Cube dies a lot--using dies do make blocks go together much more quickly I think.
Not sewing as yet here--thinking not high on my list...still have that brain fog issue...hugs Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hop you had a fun day! Your star blocks are great - they'll make a pretty quilt. Love those kite stars, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on carving out some GREEN sewing time, Deb! Enjoy the Spring Break activities you have planned.

Sara said...

Enjoy that Girl Scout outing. Sounds like a fun day. I'm excited every Saturday to see what people are doing with their scraps - and am not disappointed. Your bricks and stars are perfect for scrappy sewing.