Saturday, June 8, 2024

RSC in blue

 I'm working on a blue and white UFO this month. It should make it to a top stage. We will see if it gets quilted as well. These are Ella Maria Deacon blocks from 2019 sew along with Sentimental Stitches. I made 26 blocks by hand and 25 will be in the top. I'm working on sewing the long sashing strips and adding the corner triangles this weekend. I do love how it is looking. 


I've had 60 degree triangles on my list of 'to make someday' and Jocelyn at Canadian Needle Nana reminded me of that with her pretty quilt Panama Pyramids. I need to make 2 more of each of these to do the design I want. I actually pulled leftover binding strips 2.5 inches to make these and did them on the machine. They could easily be a hand work project as well. I'll be using these as leaders and enders while I am working on the above quilt.


Linking up with the RSC Quilters.

Lots of the country is in a heat wave, so please be careful. Drink plenty of liquids, with electrolytes and stay in the AC or cooling areas as much as you can. Emily is helping at horses this afternoon for a girl scout troop earning their horsemanship badge. Thank goodness there is a covered area of the arena and fans. The car read 98 and feels like 105 F. Way too hot! 


5 comments:

Jenny said...

My goodness, you certainly do have extra hot temperatures where you live, almost too hot to stitch!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Colorado has been hot (90s) for several days, too, but cooled down today and feels like it could rain. I wish it would! Your EMD blocks look gorgeous in that setting - looks like it's going together nicely. And I like your 60 degree triangle idea! Those would definitely make a good hand-piecing project.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lots of pretty blue blocks - started nice here and then jumped to heat index in the high 90's been inside since at least 2.

a good yarn said...

That’s such a lovely quilt. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. So I guess quilted ones are reasonable substitute for the sparkly kind.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just so love seeing these beautiful blocks, Deb!