Tuesday, October 22, 2024

A little progress

 It appears when my sleep pattern is messed up (thanks busy kiddo!) I have no gumption to do much of anything! Not much progress has happened since Thursday, but I did add some stitches to the cat and mouse quilt. I have about 1.25 sides to go with this border before starting the last butterfly border.


I added a little while watching the Lightning get trounced by the Maple leafs after a Bronze/Silver Committee training session on-line last night. 



This was holding me hostage most of the weekend. He was a very snuggly doggie with his girl gone so much.

Sunday, Aidan drove me to Lowes, and we picked out some plants for this flower bed. I am only 6 weeks behind in setting this up for fall! We pulled out the plants that were there and Aidan put them out back to see if they would survive. They lasted over a year in the front with cute little purple flowers on them. I need to find a few pumpkins to put out in the bed. Too hot to carve until the day of Halloween around here - still mid 80's outside. 

I had prepped a slew of these hexagons and they have been sitting patiently. I think I need to just commit to making one per day through the end of the year and see if I can make some progress on them. My templates have a 2 inch hexagon side for these. I think I'll plan to make one per day on my lunch break. First one done.


Tonight, Emily has her Pre MPA for marching band (Music Performance Assessment). All 8 high school bands in the county will perform. This will be the first time I have seen the whole show in person. They just got the 3rd part ready last Friday at their all day practice and I saw it online from a video at their competition in Tarpon Springs Saturday. Did I mention, her bus arrived at the school Sunday morning around 2:15 AM?  Aidan has an Academic meet after school today, but it appears parents can't really go to those! Bummer. We will see how they do at this one.


No comments: