Tuesday, October 1, 2024

FALL 2024 UFO Club

 Let's see how the Summer 2024 UFO Club quarter finished shall we? The goal was to have 3 finishes. 

The reality - 1 finish! The Christmas Quilt got finished. 


The list of UFO's - The same as last time minus the finish.

 1.) I know I have at least one more cut somewhere to fill that open spot for a 7x6 setting. *** found the parts in a baggie!  These are hand pieced.... and might need a little fixing along the way on some of those middle joins. Just ordered some kona solids for an alternate block for these to become a quilt. From Inklingo lemoyne stars. Might need to order more since I am using that bolt for a few things!



 2.) Hexagon flowers on a black background. These are a stack of blocks I hand pieced a few years ago then hand appliqued to the black background a couple years after that!  I also have the black hexagons I cut out of the block when I appliqued them on.... those might come out to play this quarter! Unfinished block size is 6.5 inches. Right now with 12x14 setting it will be 72x84. If I add a border - 5 inches all around it would be 82x94. Fit a double bed. Have a pretty butterfly border that needs to get added. 



3.) Midget Applique quilt from Sentimental Stitches. I need to add more flowers and leaves and the vines... and the bottom yellow border. This one is completely hand pieced.


4.) Ella Maria Deacon blocks - make a few more and finish them off into a top. I believe I was making these by hand. Patterns from Sentimental Stitches.


Sewn into a top. I need to measure and see if it is happy with it's size or now. All my quilts seem to have a mind of their own!



5.) triangle pyramids. started June 2024.


6.) 2024 RSC - Arkansas Traveller Quilt.
This needs one more block and then setting triangles.  68x68 for a finish I think.


7.) Midget block collection - I started these in Vermont in 2010! I have a light blue for sashing.

8.) Birds in the Air block collection

9.) Potato chip blocks - started april 5 and boy are they addicting! As of Oct 1 - it is a 5x5 setting... but the quilt thinks it needs 17 more blocks to make it a 6x7 setting. Stubborn quilt.






10.) Erin's Butterfly - I made the wings in 2021.  Need to add one more set of wings... thinking 9 is a nice number?




11.) Full Stop Sew along.... 2021 . Re thinking this one - might eliminate some of the white space and make a few more of some.....???? Or add some Alphabet or numbers to the mix?




12.) mostly cut out and some 9 patches are made. Hehe... from the first quilting book I had and made a quilt from. Introduction to Quilting 101 - the basics by Sharon Hultgren. I think this was Sunrise Surprise! The four patch from this book is at my Mom's hanging over a crib still!



13.) I forgot I had this. It is a cute birdhouse wall hanging but is foundation pieced, which I dislike. Maybe I can deal with it enough to get this done? Or rework it?

14,) This is a kit I purchased mid-90s - butterfly's. I think all the parts are there and I did start arranging them.

15.) Quilters Patch. A sew along that I completely did not meet my goals on in 2022. One block is done.


16.) Scrappy Flowering Snowball - I started cutting these with my accuquilt from scraps with the color of the month in 2020. I think it is time to start stitching them together. I see I need some orange added and purple and lots of lights!

 


17.) Bittersweet Briar - pattern in Kim Deihl's book and kit of fabric.


18) Brimfield Awakening EPP. I did start this and have the first fabric thread basted in purple!




19.) Bonnie Hunter Mystery - On Ringo Lake - maybe step #2?



20) Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Grassy Creek (2020) Think I am on step #4.



21.) 30's log cabin tulip quilt.



Quilt Tops: 
22) Cat and mouse is on the frame in process of hand quilting but has been sadly neglected. Lots of progress and one more mouse block to stitch before I can do the 3 sets of borders!







23) Vermont Quilt Festival Booth Hop from either 2008 or 2009.  it is 71x71.



24.) Trip around the World - 2 inches hand pieced. 60x60.



25.) Y2K Joann's BOM - quilt top



26.) 1857 Quilt Along Top



27.) Spring Hexagons - not sure if this wants to be bigger or not.... 




28.) Triple Irish Chain - green. 80x80 I think. I did find both fabrics extra with it... Might need a green or cream border first or both... Made in the early 2000's. circular feathers in open spaces.

29.) Harmony - hand pieced project started March 2021-
2/5/24 it is a top!



30.) Adding these blocks because you never know what will get worked on! I think it's a 6.5 inch cut center and 2.5 inch strips. Finishes 10 inches. 











3 comments:

Julierose said...

You have a wonderful array of tops in progress;))) They are all lovely and will be fun to finish up...good luck hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have some fabulous projects in the progress. I look forward to following your progress, Deb.

Anonymous said...

You've made me feel quite virtuous - I thought I had too many tops on the go - now I know I haven't ! Love the variety you have, looking forward to starting another one now I know I need more tops to enjoy - Elaine in UK