Sunday, October 6, 2024

Slow Sunday

 Well, day 3 of migraine. The meds did not help this time, but the Advil did for the win! 

I had hubby take Emily to her Gold Planning Session so I could sleep. The Advil kicked in and I was able to pick her up. She was kind enough to plan my meals for the week so I didn't have to on the way home. I hear she is making fried rice tonight for dinner.

I stopped at the UPS Store to get a form notarized for Aidan's out of state trip next month. Juniors in the AICE program can do a trip on The Civil Rights Movement. They go to Montgomery, Birmingham and Atlanta with lots of stops at key spots in the Civil Rights Movement with hands on learning. They have their 4 for their room at the hotels picked out and coordinated. It is a 5 day trip next month.

We just got a call from the Marion County schools. They are closing school Wednesday and Thursday this week, with all after school activities cancelled on Tuesday due to the incoming storm Milton. Depending on damage will determine if they have school on Friday or not. They are opening shelters in 3 of the schools to allow a place for people to go in mobile homes or who live in non secure areas with projected hurricane winds. We live in a poured concrete house, so pretty secure with no trees close to the house. We are all set still from the last storm, just need to take down the cover over the carport on Tuesday and remove my fall wreath from the front door. 

I moved onto the borders for the hand quilting and have 1.5 sides to do in white before I move onto the triangle of cheese (for the mice) and the butterfly's (for the cats) in the outer two borders. Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers.

Let me hold this down for you Mom. Now take my photo!



Since Emily needs to have a Journey completed before she can submit her Gold Award Project for approval, I also printed off the Think Like a Programmer meeting plans and notes in case we lose power/internet. I'll work with her on it when I am done work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is my day off. I might hand off to her Dad, who just finished his BS in Computer Science last month. She is good in math and science so this one should come easy to her. I am a computer programmer so it should be an easy one for me to guide her through. I hear her Gold will be concerning Bees and why they are important. It should be a fun one for her to research and educate people about. She is expanding on her report she did on this going into High School last year. I'm sure you will be hearing more of this as she dig in to it after marching band season ends.



3 comments:

Daisy Debs said...

Poor lamb ! Migraine is horrible , I know it so well . I am so sorry you are having these scary hurricanes . You please keep yourselves safe . I hope you can stay calm with a bit of your lovely stitching . Thinking of you 🦋💐x

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Three days of a migraine sounds awful! I'm so glad the Advil finally helped. I just finished the best book - The Music of Bees, by Eileen Garvin. It's a novel about a beekeeper and there is tons of bee science in it. Part of the storyline is about how pesticides are affecting the honey bee population. You and Emily, too, might enjoy it! Fingers crossed that this storm blows itself out in the Gulf!

a good yarn said...

Migraines are nasty but it sounds like you are on the mend. Hopefully you will all be safe from Storm Milton.