Thursday, October 17, 2024

Thursday of a crazy week but a quilt top finish!

I worked today and am off tomorrow, which is swapped from normal this week. I am going to ride tomorrow at noon. The kids are technically off school, teacher work day to finalize the first quarter. Emily has marching band practice 9-4 and Aidan has an annual Dr appt at 1. Saturday - Emily has an all day competition about 1.5-2 hours away towards the Tampa area. Aidan has the UCF Engineering day at school 10-4. It's also a F1 race/sprint weekend, so he will be watching that after he gets home Saturday. I expect to be exhausted on Sunday... with a 1AMish pick up of Ms. Emily from School. Tired yet? I'm so happy one of them drives themselves! It makes life so much easier.

Oh, tonight is a makeup football game for their Homecoming with the dance to follow after. It is outside in their courtyard and it is going to be down in the 50's tonight! Florida people are used to temps in the mid 70's overnight this time of the year, so I expect lots of chilly kids... including my girl. She is a midnight pickup.

Wednesday, I had time after work to sew 7 potato chip blocks together! Then I made the butternut squash, brussel sprout in bacon meal Aidan and I like. Greg was on his own, and Emily was at school for their first practice as a group before their symphonic band concert. They sounded really good. We heard the big band as well and they played some rocking tunes. 

Never a smile from her!

 
The are the Rattlers.... well, we do live in Florida after all!

This afternoon I was able to lay out the 17 blocks I made to expand this quilt top and got them sewn together. I have to say, it sewed together really well, and no fudging of seams was needed. Love when that happens. Each block is 12 inches finished so the quilt top is 72x84.


A photo in the shade with Bear.

Then in the sunshine. We are enjoying a cool day today. Temps in the low 70's! I could handle this temp year round. 

While out back, I checked on the chickens and Buttercup (the rhode island red on the right) gave us this egg today. The others are all in stages of molting. Their crowns are not bright red, so no eggs from them. Hopefully soon, as 3 have not laid eggs in a while.

I saw this quilt on my Facebook feed today and saved the photo off to my phone. This is a cute quilt and would be easy to draft to make. Placing it on here so I don't lose it and someone else might like it as well.








1 comment:

Julierose said...

Nice finish on your expanded quilt, Deb!! Boy talk about a busy week--and I am tired just reading about it !!
I still haven't gotten my quilting mojo back--altho' I did layer my Pink Ojos and two place mats made from left over legos pieces...
Tomorrow is my 6 mo eye exam and I know my eyes will remain blurry for most of the afternoon...so no quilting then...
Hugs, Julierose