Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tiny Tuesday.....

Well, the block is partially done. 132- Radiant Star can be found here in the Midget section on the sentimentalstitches.com website. I had prepped this one before vacation and started to hand piece the middle blue star during swim lessons this morning. I was able to add the outer parts while supervising a game of go fish (thanks Mom and Dad.... we've played this daily since we got home!). Emily is recognizing more of the cards but still needs help with 6,7,8 and 9's. I just need to add the little petals to the middle and then a circle on top. If I don't get it done tonight... there is always swim lessons tomorrow and Thursday.


I've also made some progress on the baby afghan using the slanted shell stitch. This is so easy to do and the yarn is so soft and fun to work with. Well...... the three hours of untangling the middle part on Saturday night and Sunday morning I could have done without. Oh well, I have one skein done and the next one is ready to be added on. I think I will probably need another one or two skeins of the off white and then maybe a pretty pastel color to go around the edge. We'll see.


2 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love your midget blocks The Radiant Star is going to be another favorite of mine! Your baby afghan just looks soft! Glad it is going well. ~Jeanne

Amy said...

Oh those Midgets..... Mine have been on a vacation since last year, and I don't have much ambition to start them up again anytime soon. I'll continue enjoying your weekly posts :) EXCELLENT job on those tiny seams. Good golly.

And the Slanted Shells is lookin' good.