Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Labor Day...

I should be putting a few hours in at my programming job.... but instead I decided to clear out the kids play room and that will now become my office. I warned them... we've picked it up numerous times and it ends up as a disaster zone.  You could not see the floor in there with things thrown everywhere. No more!  It will now become my office area... for working from home. I'll have my Avon things in there and out of my sewing area (which is right over the wall) and maybe store my stamping up things in there... since the kids keep going in and grabbing them out of my sewing area and making a complete mess (ok, adding to my mess but that's creating right?). I'll have some of their games and puzzles stored in there and will keep their kitchen (unless I can clear out the entrance area in the garage and pop it there =)) and things for when they play school.
That means I'll have almost all the 'garage' area that was already converted to an office space with AC and carpeted when we moved into the house! Hehe.. I'm going to pop one of the recliners in there and Greg kindly moved out the bulky tv and put the flat screen in with the amazon/netfix/hulu box. Other than a kitchen and bathroom maybe I don't need to come out?

Back to work... more to move and organize. If it gets presentable I might take pictures later. I've got the crock pot bubbling away with some chicken soup and the steaks will be thrown on the grill for dinner later tonight. With things planned out it's back to reclaiming my space.



5 comments:

canuckquilter said...

Enjoy reclaiming the space :) My sewing space/office is also in the kids' former playroom. My space just sort of spread as the kids slowly outgrew "playroom".

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Good for you! Soup and steaks for dinner - sounds yummy! I think we're having pizza as I'm just not feeling like cooking.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Sounds exciting! It's always fun to turn a space into something else especially when it's for you! ~ Jeanne

Edith said...

Sounds good, you might have to post pictures when you are done. I too spent this Labour Day weekend reorganizing space, and dejunking, with a trip to the dump. Phew, feels good.

Edith said...

Sounds good, you might have to post pictures when you are done. I too spent this Labour Day weekend reorganizing space, and dejunking, with a trip to the dump. Phew, feels good.