Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday stitching....

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts reminds us to slow down each week, take a deep breath and relax with some slow stitching. It is a great reminder and I plan to get some slow stitching in today - off and on through the day.

I know I need to print and cut out some more shapes for my lemoyne stars...I finished adding the white to these two last night. These are unfinished 5 inches and all hand pieced.


I have this 1857 block that has been back basted for weeks now... and has moved along a little this week. It would be so nice to get this one finished today. Of course, that means I need to prep some more... I think I drew on the back  for the August ones and just need to pull fabrics for them. I really should take a photo of all of the completed blocks so far. One of these days....

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts and the other Slow stitchers.


10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your slow stitches! always nice to settle down a little and take it slow for a day

Karen said...

You must like purple very much. I see it in all of these blocks. The purples in the applique block are oh so pretty.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your 1857 block is lovely. I didn't start this project but I am downloading the patterns. Like the stars too. Blessings, Gretchen

Pam said...

I love your 1857 purple flower-so pretty and so well done! Please do lay them all out for us-we want to see!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Both projects look so pretty :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your stars look fabulous I may try inklingo to make some new coasters. I have a thing for stars and yours look fabulous!

Deb A said...

Thanks Gretchen. They are fun to make.

Robin said...

Your block looks great. I should have done like you did and made the all stems and leaves out of one fabric. I did it the hard way and made each individual stem and leaf. It is quilt bulky where everything overlaps. (But, it's done - gasp!)

CathieJ said...

Enjoy your stitching. All of those blocks are very pretty.

Stephie said...

Your stars are so pretty, the fabrics are perfect. I look forward to seeing both these projects as they grow. Hope Sunday was a productive day for you :)