Saturday, September 3, 2016

RSC Rainy Saturday....

I found out this morning that our color for September is reds with a touch of gold! I had guessed correctly when I changed my blog colors yesterday to the deep red color.

After a nice walk this morning before the rain started again I headed out with hubby to run some errands and then home for lunch. Grandma got the kids yesterday afternoon since they had cancelled school due to the hurricane. She will return them sometime later today. We had no damage and just about 3 inches of rain where I live.

My plans for today were to clear out the kids 'play room' that they never use (except yesterday cause I told them I was taking it over this weekend!)... which I will start on at some point this afternoon I think. I am going to make it into my office for working from home and some storage of Greg's business things. Instead... I started moving things off my sewing table (lots of things thrown on there so had to uncover to see where things are!)... and found this little place mat I put together last year at some point. It had a batting cut to size. I grabbed a marbled red/pink/orange for the back, used the walking foot to sew next to the seams and made a binding and put it on. 20 minutes.... why did it take a year to do? These are really easy to make I just cut 2.5 or 2 inch strips to a 13.5 inch length and sew them together until they are about 18.5 inches long. Add a batting and backing, quilt it and then bind. A nice easy placemat for your table. I have one in blue and green already so I just have to add one more and I'll have one for everyone at my table. This one is for Emily... she loves the color red.

 Oh well, I fear that is all my red sewing for the day... other than maybe some hand stitching later tonight on my Fireworks quilt. I think this might be the last block before I can start on the borders for this little wall hanging. I think it is around 30x30 or 40x40.


Linking up with the RSC Challenge. Hope you find something fun to sew on this holiday weekend.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Love the quilt in the last photo that you show - sometimes the simple patterns are the best!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I feel exasperated when I find little projects that are so close to done that I wonder WHY?!?! I suppose they just get buried as we move on to the NEXT BIG THING. At least you made your way back and have another UFO to mark off your list!!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love your Fireworks Quilt! Isn't it fun to get things done? Also fun to find things that are close and only take a little work! Hope you enjoy the rest of this long weekend. ~Jeanne

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This putting stuff off hit home..

LOL like a Sunday Sermon! XO

gayle said...

Love that little fireworks quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the little finishes - makes you feel like you accomplished something when you don't have time for much else!

PaulaB quilts said...

You are off to a good start with your reds. Keep up the good work!

Pamela Arbour said...

You have some beautiful projects going on there.