Thursday, October 13, 2016

Some Yellow Sunshine....

I got a little bit of sewing in on Sunday and have yet to see the sewing area since! Good thing I was successful.

Five sunny houses were added to the neighborhood. I guess it will be time to start adding the tilting frames to them next.

I have two more dresden plate blocks completed in yellow and black. The brown is added to the background so I just need to pull all the blues and browns and create the squares to border the last 4 blocks.

I think the birds in the air will be next on the list to create... but that will be for another day.  Hopefully with my new schedule I will get some sewing in cause I am really going to need the de-stressing that sewing provides me!  (Got to love when employees just stop showing up for work... I get to fill in at our store... and still work my part time programming job while juggling kids and their schedule - such fun! NOT! The next two weeks should be real fun with kids off school M+T, pumpkin patch with girl scouts Sunday and carving pumpkins on Monday night, soccer practice Tues, soccer games Thurs, bowling Sat, cub scouts Sat and my FIL is having eye surgery next Thursday so hubby will be with him for a couple of days while I cover his hours at the store Thurs/Fri. Thank goodness for Grandma to help out at the store and with the kids. )
On a brighter note - the rose bushes that were cut back to the stumps last month are all green and pink and in bloom out front.


It was finally cool enough for the kids to go out and ride bikes yesterday after homework was done! In the low 80's with a breeze and the humidity is gone hopefully, for the next 6 months! See the house being built next door - entertainment for the kids to see any work done while they are at school.

Other good news... Mom and Dad are coming down for a visit around Thanksgiving and will be here for my Dad's 80th birthday! So happy to be able to see them again this year.


Linking up Saturday morning with the RSC Challenge. Time to get ready for my bowling this Thursday morning and then I'm helping out in Emily's classroom for the last hour of school. 

13 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lovely blocks and roses and crazy schedule! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lovely blocks and roses and crazy schedule! :)

Ray and Jeanne said...

You always amaze me with how much you accomplish! Love the yellow houses. Glad your parents are coming. Be sure to just stop and take a few minutes to breath today!!! :) ~Jeanne

SusanfromKentucky said...

Love the Dresden Plate! You inspired me with the yellow one when I saw it before. I am making one in all yellow and white!

Quilter Kathy said...

I am tired just reading about your schedule! Take it easy and try to get some sewing time in for your own sanity!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots going on at your house!! Glad you found a bit of sewing time. Congrats! to Emily for riding with no hands. Careful there!!!

a good yarn said...

Lovely sunny shades in your latest project and a full schedule. I guess that's the life of a young family. Busy, busy, busy. Having some quiet time to sew is a treat.

Katie Z. said...

Whew! You have a lot going on. I hope you get that much needed sewing time.

LA Paylor said...

what a thanksgiving! dresdens are pretty

Pamela Arbour said...

You have made some beautiful blocks. I look forward to seeing them all together. Nice fabrics.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your houses look so fun in sunny yellow and the Dresdens with their borders. Those will both be beautiful quilts! I'm impressed that you have any time for sewing at all with the rest of your busy life!

Sheila said...

Love you houses and Dresden Plates. Plates definitely on my list for next year's RSC. Makes me tired just reading your week's "to do" list. Take care, dear.

PaulaB quilts said...

Can't believe how you manage it all. No wonder the stitching is de stressing. God bless you!