Thursday, May 23, 2019

Yellow and blue - graduation quilt.


I got a little sewing in this morning after a nice long walk (no working today so I could do a good walk!). A lunch date with the hubby and then met up with someone who gifted me some batting she was getting rid of.




I did have some initial issues laying things out.... I had 3 rows of the dark blue and gold first and realized...ut oh.... this is not going to work! 30-40 minutes later with pencil and paper and photo's .... I decided as long as the blues look like a chevron with the same fabrics the yellows 'don't' have to be as they are similar. Yup, that is what I am going with! The graduate likes yellow...and asked for a yellow and blue chevron quilt. Simple and not busy. 

I might lay it out and see how 2 rows of each blue together look. I have enough done for 3 rows of each color blue. I will need 6  more rows to get it to be a little over 80 inches long for a twin size. I think the sides will be at least 60 inches.... if my math is correct. A little more cutting and sewing and pressing to do before I can make a final decision and start sewing these together this weekend. 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks good to me!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I like it--looks like waves at the ocean--a bit--
so is calming!!
luv, di

Julierose said...

I love how this is looking...i have a grad quilt ready for my Granddaughter who is graduating in June from High School (how did that happen so fast is what I want to know!!;<((( )
Anyway--Happy Memorial Day weekend...hugs, Julierose

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

This is going to be a nice grad quilt! I like the dark blue and the yellow at the top, but certainly understand that with all the scrappy colors going around the grad will be happy camper with anything! Besides - you are using up your scraps! Hugs

a good yarn said...

That's a striking quilt!