Saturday, July 4, 2020

RSC Cobblestones in dark blue



I cut and pieced this grouping of cobblestones yesterday. They will get sewn into their strip later today. We will have a quiet 4th of July here. Greg is working this afternoon and evening. Grandpa had his pacemaker replaced on Wednesday and is on a no-drive for 2 weeks order so is staying home....I hope!. Grandma's sciatic is acting up still - 2 weeks on Sunday! - and is staying home with the doggies. Just me and the kids. I see some pool time in between the t-storms and maybe some burgers to go with the potato salad, corn on the cob and watermelon for dinner tonight. 

Wishing those in the USA a happy and safe 4th of July, a belated Happy Canada Day to those in the north and a Happy Saturday to everyone else!

Linking up with the RSC Quilters.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty blues in those blocks, Deb! Hope the grandparents are better soon. Have a fun day! Pool time and hamburgers sound perfect.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your Dark BLUE Cobblestones sewn, Deb! Your holiday? No muss, no fuss! Sounds perfect to me, although, it's unfortunate that Greg was scheduled to work. Wishing Grandma and Grandpa a speedy recovery!

Julierose said...

Lovely cobblestone blocks, Deb.;)))

A quiet day here, too...[don't feel like celebrating after last night's racist ranting!!]
I did get Franken Christmas bound--so I am done with my binding for
a while now...phew--that was a long haul~~

I am cross stitching my blue butterfly now--I am finding it so relaxing and a nice change of pace...;)))
~ ~ waving my little flag for change~ ~ ~ Julierose

Jenny said...

I love cobblestone blocks, such a great pattern, and yours look lovely in dark blue. Hope the grandparents health improves soon, it's no fun when you are poorly. Tell them that quilters from all over the world are sending good wishes, one come all the way from New Zealand.

Julie in GA said...

Very pretty blue blocks!

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love your blue blocks. We also had a quiet 4th and enjoyed good food. I hope both grandparent's recover quickly. ~Jeanne