Friday, February 4, 2022

RSC in Teal


I got a little time to play with teal. There are so many shades and variations for the teal/aqua. I kept the greenish ones together in one block, the teal in one and mixed them in the third.

Since the Crossed Canoe Die was out - I went ahead and cut out some in aqua and white. I love how they came out.  A whole quilt of blues and teal/aqua would be oh so pretty.

The photo did not come out great, but on a walk Thursday night the sun was in a smoky haze and it was glowing red! Crazy sky and within half an hour it was past and back to normal. 


Aidan got his Chicken Tikka Masala for a late dinner tonight. I left it mostly prepared and on the last simmering step when I went to pick him up late from school (robotics working on their project for the next competition Feb 26). Greg made the rice in the quick cooker and we ate when we got home around 6:30. Emily is in route back to school from Tallahassee - should be back to school sometime around 9PM although I think it will be a little later than that. Hopefully we are home by 10PM. I moved her horses to 1PM on Saturday so she can sleep in. She was up around 4:30 this morning to get to school for 5:30.  Me..... I'm hoping the rain holds off so I can take the truck and pick up 69 cases of girl scout cookies Saturday morning. 
I'll link up with the RSC Challenge Saturday morning.


 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those Crossed Canoe blocks - guess it is time for me to look for Girl Scout cookies on line because I never seem to find them locally

scraphappy said...

Girl Scout cookie time. Ah the memories! Enjoy this time when they are small, it goes so fast!

Julierose said...

Crossed Canoes in both colors are just lovely, Deb. Still no quilting here, [but my Covid Test was a negative--so good to go for shot on Tuesday...]

Have a good weekend hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, boy, Girl Scout cookie time! Hope Em had a great day yesterday and got home safe and sound, too. Your blocks are looking great in teals - the 16 patches are such a great idea!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I used to be a Girl Guide Leader (I live in Canada). I still get GG cookies from a friend who is is a leader. Your crossed canoes look fabulous!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad you got in your AQUQ/TEAL work on the RSC before your crazy Saturday kicked off, Deb!

Ivani said...

Crossed canoes blocks are looking lovely so far, Deb.

Northern Deb said...

I love the crossed canoes!