Sunday, February 13, 2022

Superbowl Sunday

 I really don't follow football. I will be watching the game tonight though.... seems an Ohio team made it in and even my non sport watching hubby will watch tonight!  He is from Ohio. Kids are home - so we don't have to pick them up from Grandma tonight. She will be watching the game too - that Ohio thing. 

I have watched 2 olympics hockey games.... USA won both! I do love watching my hockey games. Seems Peacock is $5 a month and allows us to watch Olympics and the Superbowl. We don't have cable or Dish or Direct TV. We instead have Hulu (not the livestream one), Netflix and Amazon Prime and use free Tubi for local news.

Kids needed a down day. Emily had a full day at the Florida State fair in Tampa yesterday for the FFA Horse Evaluation Team Competition. She is also fighting a cold so another day of rest will help. She had horse riding scheduled this morning... and asked 45 minutes before if she could cancel it. Yup - resting is on tap for the day. The boy had 4 hours of 'thinking' and teamwork on his Robotics presentation yesterday morning after lots of hours working on it this week after school and before. He needs a brain free thinking day as well.

I enjoyed sleeping in until almost 9 today.  Coffee was made and ready when I got up (thanks hubby!). A quick run to Walmart to pick up some game day foods (shrimp for the boy, I'm planning wings, Em and Greg will do Taco Salad.... and picked up guac and fresh salsa too). 

I'll be working on cutting up clothing for a memory quilt for a few hours today. Tonight during the game, I'll be working on some crochet - to finally make the Stepping Texture Hat kit that I have had for a few years. I found a youtube video on how to do it Friday and watched it. I hope to have a completed hat tonight!


I'll also put a few stitches into the hexagons as well. They are now into 3 columns and need to be stitched together into a section.  Love seeing Curious George in this batch.



Linking up with Kathy and the slow Sunday Stitchers.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Curious George looks cute mixed with the other hexies.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun watching the game. We recently got rid of the Direct TV which seemed to be useless for most things other than getting our local network and got Roku and have Paramount and Disney on that plus we already have Prime and Netflix - figured why not we seem to spend most of our time at home anyhow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Our son lives in Nebraska and evidently Joe Burrow has a Nebraska connection, so we read a neat article about Joe's grandpa who is a farmer in Nebraska, and will be at the game. Glad you're all having a brain rest day with good food and doing whatever you want!

Julierose said...

We watched curling (US v. China) this afternoon after looking up the rules--which I am still sketchy on really! ;000
But we liked it as it's nice and quiet with no big hoopla or loud background music!!
I am knitting on the foot part of my 2nd sock so that kept me busy...
Snow here all day and still coming down--we have about 4" right now--
supposed to be super cold tomorrow...
Let me know how that hat pattern is--it looks hard...I don't usually do charts...I like directions spelled out...old school I guess (VERY OLDE hahaha)
hugs Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

We don't have cable or streaming services AND we didn't even have any snacks!! Plus, the homemade gyros I made broke a 15 year winning streak of me not having to cook on Super Bowl Sunday. It was our tradition that I would go get Wendy's takeout during halftime. New house, new traditions, I suppose...

Hope the kids are both feeling better after some much needed rest, Deb!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a pretty nine patches. Looks like you got a plan for your tablescap challenge. I do need to get on the stick with mine. Is that a hawk? So glad you was able to interrupt his plans.