Saturday, February 12, 2022

Sewing?


Not so much! I did press the laundry basket of reds that had to get washed and rewashed last month due to someone being in a mood (Peanut). Sigh. It is all pressed and back on the shelf smelling normal. 
I moved boxes around a bit in the garage/sewing room. Someone got an electronic drum set for his birthday (Greg) and it will live outside my office. The 3 D printer (he got it at a great deal - under $200) is also in there as well. Well, I did tell him he needed a hobby or two! 
I pulled this pile of teal scraps and placed it on the ironing board. Peanut decided to help by holding it down. So.....


I pulled the purple hearts I appliqued last year and laid them out. I have 4 leftover with this layout. I pulled white on white FQ's that should give me the 25 squares of 5.5 that I need for those open spots. I have not decided if the setting triangles will be a purple or white yet, but I can decide after I cut and lay out the white squares.


That is about all I got done on Thursday on my day off - well, I did get the kitchen floor mopped - which it really needed!. Something about updating all my girl scout records for cookies as well and coordinating dropping off and having parents pick up their girls cookie orders as well. It is cookie time after all.
Friday was a wash - Emily was home sick and I logged off work with zero ability to concentrate and feeling off. Much better today, thank goodness.

Saturday - Emily was off to school for 5:30AM for her day over in Tampa at the state fair competing with the FFA for the horse evaluation team. I took Aidan to school for 9-12 (well, 1:30!) so they could work on their FIRST robotics presentation boards/oral presentation and come up with their themes. It appears when you move on to Regionals there is a 10x10 area for each team -canopy area needed - and then you need to 'bling' it out! Who knew? We found out at the parent meeting Thursday night! Canopy ordered - as I was looking into getting one anyway.  Purple Lights someone had- they have purple t-shirts coming for their team of the BMS Panthers. A banner is being made - he had banners for all the other teams but this was a first for a Panther team moving on! One parent is creating a rolling cart for them to bring their robot, computer, boards and all their parts to each area as they compete. Us parents (Moms) came up with the hand out of candy in standard envelopes with a sticker of their name on it and it will be in a mailbox painted purple on their table for a hand out. Their presentation is a solution for small package theft - a secured mail box prototype. For costumes.... we got the boys (3 of them) to buy into wearing hats. Jeans, purple t-shirts and purple lighted cowboy hats! Lets hope they are memorable to the judges! It will be an interesting experience in a couple of weeks. The boys have been putting a lot of time and effort in since the week before the first competition. They have been staying late 3-4 days a week after school until 6PM and Fridays have been going in early for 8AM so they can have 3.5 hours to work on it - they have Robotics as a double period first thing on Fridays. He opened up Saturday mornings this week and next week as well for extra work. Not many teams are taking advantage of this but the 3 boys on the Panthers have been. 
While they were working I did a little stitching on hexagons and listened to my audio book. These are into 3 columns of 16 hexagons now.


Some wildlife.... I saw 14 wild turkeys on my lunchtime walk this week. This is just up the street from my house. 

I have about an hour before I need to go pick up the girl from school for 6PMish so I think I'll see what teal I can play with in the sewing room.






 

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Were you successful as shooing Peanut off the AQUA/TEAL scrap pile, Deb? Here's hoping the FFA competition went well for Em!! Best of luck with "Aidan's robot".

Julierose said...

What a schedule you had this week!! those little purple hearts are so pretty...and your hexagons are coming together so well...Good luck with Aidan's drum set :))), too. Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Busy days for you and the kiddos! I found some GS cookies today - they were set up outside the grocery store. We decided to try the new ones - Adventurefuls? They're good! I love your purple hearts - I'll enjoy seeing them turn into a quilt top.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are always so busy at times I wonder how you fit quilting in - but we all need some downtime don't we!