Wednesday, December 28, 2022

2022 Finishes

 I got a very slow start this year as I was dragging my feet on working on the memory quilt for Olivia. I went looking through my quilt album on Facebook and realized I had not been placing everything where it should be! A few moves and some looking through the blog to find those finished quilts that were missing.  Let's take a look and see how I did, shall we?

Hand pieced Hexagon Quilt as you go front. 60x80.

The back of the Hexagon Quilt.

Olivia's memory quilt. Queen size.

Scrappy Crumb quilt.

Sweet Confetti (2021 RSC blocks I think)

Crossed Canoe 2022 RSC blocks... finished the same year and everything!!!

Row House Sew along with Accuquilt.


Endless Diamond. Hand pieced and Hand quilted.


RSC Squares from 2021. This one lives up in Vermont now.

Scrappy Irish Chain was a leader and ender of 2 inch squares years ago. Bear has claimed this quilt. Well, all quilts really!

I dissected an attempted tumbler flag into these two runners.

A baby quilt from a sew along years ago.

Baby Masala that still needs to get shipped off to my great niece. (bad auntie!)



A snowman from the table scrap challenge. 

The Ravelry UFO Challenge has been a big help in getting some old UFO's finished off. I am itching to start some new things in 2023 or grab some kits I have that have been hanging around. 

I liked the idea of doing one Hexagon a day in 2021 and would like to do something one a day in 2023 but have yet to decide on anything. Maybe monthly and change things up a bit? I have been paging through quilt books and magazines and there are plenty of quilts I would love to make. Paring things down is the problem. 

** Edited and linking up with the RSC since quite a few of these finishes are rainbow challenge quilts.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

You had so many lovely finishes in 2022---I especially like the Hexagon As You Go one....paring down is definitely the problem here. I am going to try to do a "Finish Up" month in January--if I don't end up down another "rabbit hole"!! ;)))Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you had a lot of finishes I haven't even started to look to see what I had - a lot of starts but not a lot of finishes.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at all those beautiful finishes! I enjoyed seeing them all again. Your hexagon quilt is a favorite of mine - I was inspired to start making those again, but didn't get very far. (I wonder how many I did make? :) Irish Chain is a neat one, too. Congratulations on a great quilty year!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Happy Holidays--love your finishes--think my favorite one is still the hexie one with the Endless one a close second!! Now talking about 'rabbit holes' oh my--I have so many projects I want to do--plus there is some I need to do and then there is the ufo/wip projects shouting at me--that I get dizzy!!!
I just got a new Valentine panel in and some fabrics to go with it and then a pretty pink with roses charm pack and some yardage that just came--ok--I will stop for now!! And I seen a little sample of this years, Feb stitch a square a day from Crabapple and will be hopely doing that--Have you seen it??
But today is still Christmas--with my son and dil later this afternoon--
hugs, di

Astrid said...

Beautiful quilts! I lost interest in my UFO's this year, finished two only, which means more to tackle next year! Happy New (Quilting) Year!

scraphappy said...

SEW many great finishes this year. It is always fun to look back and enjoy all your quilting accomplishments. Looking forward to more great quilts in 2023.

grammajudyb said...

You had a great many finishes this year. I feel like I did not! Guess I should build an Album and then commit to adding to it! I enjoyed seeing yours!

Chantal said...

Congrats on all those lovely finishes. I love your hexagon quilt, front and back. So cool! Here's to many more this year. ;^)

Susie H said...

So many beautiful finishes, Deb! Love Endless Diamonds and glad to see you placed it in the spot of honor -- your header! Crossed Canoes was also a favorite of mine. Happy 2023!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many fabulous project finishes, Deb!!! Looking forward to what comes next in 2023.