Friday, December 16, 2022

Not much progress.

 Well, the girl was picked up this morning from school around 7:30 AM. I got her home in time to refill the coffee in my travel mug and bring the boy to school. A stop at the Market of Marion and Dunkin on the way home and it was 9:30 and time to log into work for the day. The school is 20 minutes away without traffic. I picked up some nice produce - some plums, fresh tomatoes, zucchini, a pepper, cukes since the ones in the store are terrible and these taste like they should! A huge Nappa cabbage and some kale. Emily already made some Kale chips and they turned out pretty good. I'll use a bunch of the cabbage in the veggie lo mein tonight. I'm also going to pop my Prime Rib in the oven this afternoon. My Dr. did say my iron was low =). I love that it is 5.99 a pound right now at Publix so I got a nearly 9 pounder and after cooking I seal a meal slices and pop in the freezer. I pull it out for adding to my lunch salads during the week. I might go pick up another one... you just can't beat that price and I obviously need some iron in my diet! That anemia might explain the constant tiredness and cold hands and feet. I need to grab a multiviatmin as well.


I attempted to pin the 16 patch quilt twice yesterday and took it out both times. Something is off but I can't figure it out. I tried laying out on the floor and that was not working so I rolled it onto the boards. Still off. I think I'll pull everything off, iron it and reroll and see if that helps. It got put into a time out last night so after picking up Aidan at school for 6PM, getting home and warming up some leftovers for dinner I just sat and rewatched F1 race 2 of the 2021 season with him. I do hope to get this guy successfully pinned, quilted and bound this month so I can get it to it's new owner.
Peanut is happy it is a working day and is taking a break from bugging me at my desk to watch some birds outside the window.


I've noticed a few blog posts listing favorite Christmas things. I have a few songs that I always love hearing this time of year. First is  Belleau Woods by Garth Brooks.  Another song is I'll be Home for Christmas. Finally, The Christmas Shoes





2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yum on the prime rib, and that does sound like a good price! Your produce looks great, too. Glad your girl is home, but hope she had fun. I bet the kids are happy to be off for awhile. And I hope you figure out the pinning issue on your star quilt. I'm hoping for one more finish before the end of the year, too!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is frustrating that the pinning is not cooperating!
Hope it is already pinned and being quilted!